You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have an .eps file image of an open window with countryside view. I need to open the file and remove the view leaving only the window frame. I was told I coulde do this in Affinity Photo so purchased it yesterday. I can open the file ok but do not know how to remove the countryside view and then I need to save the windowframe only as a.png file. Can anyone help please. I need to solve this little problem as soon as poss. Thank you in advance.

WINDOW.eps

1 hour ago, Brian Lumb said:

I need to open the file and remove the view leaving only the window frame.

Very easy.

Open the file. Click on the little white arrow (or triangle) on the left of the layer thumbnail (Layers panel in the Studio) and every object is on a separate layer

eps.png.218981460cebb1cfac6f5e540c9838ba.png

You will have to go through and hide every object in the countryside.

Above, (blue) you can see I hid a bit of grassy area by unticking the hide / show box. 

There are lots of objects, (just the way the file was made) so it will take a while!

If you click on one object, you can select others by holding down the control key and clicking on each one. Then you can hide a bunch in one go, just tick on one of the the hide/show tick boxes. Saves a bit of work

When you have finished, go File > Export and there is an option to save as PNG

png.png.39da87609d02e1931b41707d5db1ed7a.png

You can set the PNG image size by entering values in one of the Size boxes. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.