You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys,

I would love to edit this box mockup to replace the content with my design. 

I found tricky to replace the lateral layer as it is at an angle and I do not really know how to do it with Affinity Photo as I am a newbie ;)

This is the box I am taking about:

http://moneytuts.com/articles/free-killer-product-packaging-cover-photoshop-psd

Many thanks!

Pedro

Please see attached the file 

product-cover-moneytuts.psd

• Staff

Hi Pedro,

Welcome to the forums :)

This file uses smart objects which aren't compatible with Affinity so there is no way to do what you are looking for automatically. However you could use the Perspective Tool to achieve this I've included a tutorial below.

https://vimeo.com/147726737

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

That PSD file cant be edited in AP the same as they show in Photoshop

But you can create a green rectangle 401 x 660px.  Add whatever text and graphics you want to it.

Group the rectangle, text and graphics together then use the Perspective Tool to adjust the angle to fit the existing book cover angle.

bookcover.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

A variation on what has already been suggested is to make a 'face on' version of the "CHANGE COVER ART" layer as a separate Affinity Photo document, using vectors for the zigzag pattern, corner seal, & so on, something like this Killer Cover.afphoto document I (not too carefully) made. Embed that file in the template document using File menu > Place, & then use the live perspective filter to adjust it to the same shape as the "CHANGE COVER ART" layer:

59d6223d9bce9_layerpanel.png.ea8141b9290d2df222680af9defb2c7c.png  

Because the replacement cover is a layered, embedded .afphoto file, double-clicking on it in the canvas will open it in a new document window, where the vectors & text can be edited or scaled, like in this particularly ugly example:

59d628f6cb56c_template1.jpg.c0763fc0805200242a694ca20d84162b.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

.......... then use the live perspective filter ....

I like that.

But if you want to keep it all in one document.  You can use the Live Perspective Filter on the Group of objects which makes the book's cover.

And you can then still edit or add stuff to the cover in real time.  i.e. with the perspective still active, how cool is that!

Thanks for the heads up

cover2.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Technically, I think that despite the name, the "(Embedded document)" becomes part of the original template document -- at least any changes made to it in the template do not change anything in the flat source file, like they would if it was a link to the flat file. You can also edit the embedded flat document in real time in its own window side by side with the template window (in Separated mode on a Mac or by dragging the tab out in Windows(?)), so in both those respects the two approaches are the same.

I guess which one would be preferable depends on if one wants to keep a separate 'master' copy of the flat file, and/or if editing the flat or perspective corrected version is preferred.

Choice is good! :)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7