You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Workbook delivery restrictions

This is an old issue but may have got forgotten - I would like a solution...

It is not possible to order the book from Amazon Germany for delivery to Switzerland even though I have no problems ordering any other books from amazon.de.

Could serif provide a solution, or explain why this is not possible, I think the book would be very useful.

??

• Staff

Hi pinthenet,

Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to us, our shipping partner Amazon do not ship our Workbooks to Switzerland. While we would like to be able to sell and send our goods to all parts of Europe, this is just not possible unless Amazon change their policy. 

17 hours ago, pinthenet said:

This is an old issue but may have got forgotten - I would like a solution...

It is not possible to order the book from Amazon Germany for delivery to Switzerland even though I have no problems ordering any other books from amazon.de.

Could serif provide a solution, or explain why this is not possible, I think the book would be very useful.

??

What language did you want it in? Just out of curiosity.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• Staff

I have been looking into this and on several forums people in Switzerland have got deliveries by ordering from  Amazon.fr, or Amazon.it or Amazon.co.uk, please check the delivery costs ans from some site this can be very high.

• 1 month later...

It doesn't work from amazon.co.uk so I really doubt if it will work from any other amazon, and I don't really want to open more amazon accounts to try.

The cost is another issue.

It seems the same restriction applies for the just released Photo Workbook, I can't choose a Swiss address for that either.

I'll give up on the idea, at least the Photo videos are a very good alternative - I hope they don't disappear now that there's a workbook

• 2 months later...
On 23/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, pinthenet said:

It doesn't work from amazon.co.uk so I really doubt if it will work from any other amazon, and I don't really want to open more amazon accounts to try.

Just as an FYI, you don’t need to open more Amazon accounts. I have only ever opened an account at amazon.co.uk, but I can use the same email address and password to log in to amazon.com, amazon.de, amazon.fr, etc.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred,

I did actually have different accounts at different Amazon stores, even with the same email but differemt passwords. When I first started using Amazon I don't think they'd thought about that, but later I had problems and they very kindly consolidated all my accounts into 1

I'm just pleased they will now deliver to Switzerland

1 hour ago, pinthenet said:

I'm just pleased they will now deliver to Switzerland

Yes, that is good news. I wonder why they wouldn’t deliver there before!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)