You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Mac App Update

Cannot find a way on line to buy the latest Affinity Photo. I realize this will sound idiotic, but nowhere on Affinity does it have a place to check off and place the order. Just indicates how good it is. App Store nada.  How does one select this puppy if there is no indication how do do this?

Never was unable to select purchase then do so????

Amazon not!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Siimba55. :)

Your forum account is only for discussing the Affinity products, not for buying them.

Affinity Photo on Mac is sold exclusively through the Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/affinity-photo/id824183456

Affinity Photo on Windows is sold via Serif's Affinity Store: https://affinity.store/en-gb/buy/photo/

Affinity Photo for iPad is sold via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/affinity-photo/id1117941080

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Siimba55 said:

I realize this will sound idiotic, but nowhere on Affinity does it have a place to check off and place the order.

This site (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/) is separate from the https://affinity.serif.com/ site. The latter includes promo information for each app (scroll down if needed to get to the one you are interested in). Clicking on the product name will take you to a page with links to the buying options.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I give up! Still cannot buy it. Click on it, purchase price shows but No where to select and actually make the purchase. Not even at the Apple App Store. Do they carry it on disk in the actual Apple Stores? I always have had problems with downloads with my NEW macBookPro.. Bought a new MacBookPro and problems are the same. Much difficult buying and downloading.  I give up. Guess I will just stick to my film darkroom. Everything there works AOK. Perhaps the fix that was made on my then new MacBookPro (bad logic board) needs more work. I give up with online stuff.

Edited by Siimba55
More details

Cannot buy it anywhere. Never seen anything like this. Mac App store dead end. Get there but no joy..no way to select and buy. I do not get this at all. Since last year I have tried off and on. No one from Affinity offers any help. I do not gey it App store dead end no joy there either.

23 minutes ago, Siimba55 said:

I give up! Still cannot buy it. Click on it, purchase price shows but No where to select and actually make the purchase.

Try clicking on the price.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Do you have an Apple ID? As @Alfred mentioned, have you signed into the Mac App Store after launching the App Store application? What version of the Mac OS/OS X are you running?

Affinity Photo 

OS 10.12.6

And yes to all Q's. Have always has trouble connecting with Apple Store. Has gotten much worse since upgrading to current OS. CPU was checked out by Apple and was OK. I just decided to give up as Apple is not the same company as when I started  with my Mac IIsi. Just rather not waste anymore time with this. I switched back to 98-99% film photography. All that $$ and still no real joy.(Oh and I have used both Wifi and hard  wired cable connection at different times. Had probs with both though the with Wifi has been worse. )

Good luck with your Apple stuff. I can live without it. Rather go fishing than sit for hours trying to get this stuff to work. The old Macs gave few probs, at least for me. The more "powerful" and ""Potentially Capable" they became, the more problems I realized. Now I use the CPU as little as possible. It was nice to take a negative(or photo) and fix problems in the exposure on the cpu, but as I stated, I can live without it.

Thanks!

Best always,

rridgeback55

17 hours ago, Siimba55 said:

Have always has trouble connecting with Apple Store. Has gotten much worse since upgrading to current OS.

That almost certainly has something to do with your local network setup or something your ISP is doing. OS updates (like to version 10.12.6) come from the same source as MAS apps, & of course to upgrade to 10.6.x from an earlier version, that comes directly from MAS.

Besides, Apple has sold tens of millions of Mac apps through MAS, & both Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo regularly appear on the store's top selling apps, so it should be fairly obvious this is not a systemic problem.

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

Cannot download it from App store. No help there. Anywhere on line that I could buy it on disk. Have trouble downloading Apple Apps since new system software and MacBooKPro came on the scene. WHY can't we buy the disk. This download thing has never worked well for me hard wired or WiFi for years. Sometimes has take two or three tries. Used different connections and systems.

So far I have'nt got a clue how or if I will be able to get this thing and use it.

Guess I will just have to expand my film photography and forget digital.  This of course means no more photomicrography and other uses I have had for digital.

rridgeback55

Let us buy apps on disk!

We currently only sell the Mac version through the Apple App store. For corporate reasons we may change that at some point, but not any time soon.

This is 100% an Apple App store issue. We cannot help you and no amount of repeating yourself is going to sort this . Serif have no control over the Mac App Store and your problem is certainly unusual or someone would have given you some advice that worked by now. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi Siimba55,
The Mac versions are only available through the Mac App Store. There's no other way to get them (no disk versions). To purchase them, run the Mac App Store, search for Affinity Designer or Photo in the search field on the top right and click the price under the application icon. If required enter your Apple ID (you must be signed-in to buy apps) and that's all. If you are having trouble accessing the Mac App Store, make sure your have an active internet connection (not blocked by a firewall or similar). For any problems related with the Mac App Store app you have to contact Apple support directly.

1 minute ago, MEB said:

If you are having trouble accessing the Mac App Store, make sure your have an active internet connection (not blocked by a firewall or similar).

Most router/access points include software controls that can can be set to block connections to specific sites, to allow connections only at specific times of day or only from specific computers, etc. There are also software apps that can do similar things for the computer they are running on. So even if you can connect to the internet, this does not always mean your network will connect to Apple's app servers.

So if you are using an internet connection you have set up (like for a home) make sure nothing of this nature has been set that would block the downloads. If you are using an internet connection provided by a company, school, or other institution, the network administrator may have set up restrictions you cannot bypass, so it may be worth trying to connect through some other provider.

Affinity Photo 

Just now, MEB said:

It's beyond the scope of Affinity support to provide solutions for network issues no matter their origin so there's no point in developing this further.

Of course. I just wanted to make sure the OP was aware the problem could have a local cause.

Affinity Photo 

Hello

I have asked this before. But, how the heck do I get the update to Affinity (from last year). No indications of any answers. Go to Affinity site and I get nowhere. Go to App Store. No Joy! Why is it  impossible for me to get this update/upgrade for my Mac OS (Sierra). Was informed that it was available. New Apple Apps are very difficult for me to access. Must be an improvement in  the OS. Such an improvement that I am locked out! Need help here. Been trying on and off since last year!  No Joy! What happened to the ease of updating or upgrading to Apple software that I have known since the early days of Apple. Cannot get any where with it. Told to go to Apple Store ...reallY!?!? I would never have thought of that. Sorry just frustrated after trying unsuccessfully all this time.

• Staff

Siimba55/Richard,

I moved your latest post from that announcement thread where it did not belong.

You have posted on these forums about this or similar problems over and over again 

You have also emailed us 8 or 9 times (you would do well to learn to use "reply" rather than start a new email each time you have something to say, it makes support easier if the existing conversation is included). 

It is becoming clear to me that you are refusing to listen to any advice that we give, that Serif do not have ANY control over the Apple Mac App Store and your particular problem with your account and AppleID. Indeed it is starting to feel a lot like trolling now.

Asking any more times the same thing about this is not going to change our answer and no one here can help. Go back over any of the many emails we have sent or threads you have created, then you will see that in our opinion you need help.... from Apple, not us.

If you keep posting the same or similar questions here your posts will just be merged into one thread to keep them all together and if that does not stop it then your account will be deleted.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon