Inspirimental

Merging vectors causes Affinity Designer to stall

Hi Team,

I am having an issue with merging vectors. I am trying to create a grunge layer wich only consists of one big vector. The problem is: While merging the small vectors together, at a certain point the merging process doesn't come to an end. Affinity cannot be used any more at that point. I have to hard quit. Maybe there are too many dots for Affinity Designer. Is there a solution for that?

Thanks

Tim59d4debc6f8a1_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-04um15_14_10.thumb.png.11556c508f943caff956a7f31e39cc13.png

Hi Inspirimental

This is a known issue for adding a large number of vector object together. The only work around it to break it into smaller batches and join them. A bit more work but it shouldn't get stuck

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I believe that this has been significantly improved in v1.6 - you may wish to try the beta.

I can find the thread now but I remember a test file (a world map with a few thousand dots) which used to hang my machine, now does a Boolean add in a few seconds.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

I believe that this has been significantly improved in v1.6 - you may wish to try the beta.

I [cannot] find the thread now but I remember a test file (a world map with a few thousand dots) which used to hang my machine, now does a Boolean add in a few seconds.

The discussion is buried away here (in the Affinity Designer Feature Roadmap thread).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks all for the quick reply.

I downloaded the BETA and it works much better. Super!

The merging process is not the fastest, but you take two gentle sips from your tea cup and it'll be done :)

Tim