Sign in to follow this  
Voxen

Direct value input popup

Hi

I have a lot of troubles using the direct value input popup when I tap on a value slider. The popup opens and I select an number, but many times if I tap out of it or at the slider to close it, the value is either 0 or random. 

Could you add a validation button in the popup so its easy to confirm the selected value and have the popup close?

Thanks

Hi Voxen

This seems to work fine for me, the value is not resetting to 0 of default. we have had reports of this before though. which os are you using and can you neame any specific controls that are giving you this issue?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris_K

I'm on iOS11 iPad Pro 2015, using Apple Pencil.

On Gaussian Blur filter, I click the "Radius" slider and pick 5 in the popup, then I tap out of the popup to dismiss it. The slider resets to 0 most of the times. After a few tries, I found that it happens when the pencil slides a little bit while I tap. If I single tap straight and quick its ok.

Now with paint brush, each time I tap out of the popup to close it the brush puts a dot on my image like if I wanted to paint, but all I wanted is close the popup.

That's why I think there should be a close button on the popup itself.

Hi Voxen

You can intentionally drag on the image to adjust the Gaussian blur value so that would explain why a tap is fine and a drag changes your value.

I'm able to replicate the brush issue with the apple pencil so i shall report this to the development team. in the mean time you can close the dialog by clicking back on the radial control which should prevent this

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I have a similar problem, when directly entering a value and tapping back on the radial control using the Apple Pencil, the value is reset to 0. This only happens on certain controls (eg, lens blur radius, gaussian blur radius) and does not happen when using regular touch.

I’m on an iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 11.0.2, using Affinity Photo 1.6.5.61.