dreamdancer

[By Design] Context Tool Bar missing in Designer

I don't know how long it has been missing, I was searching for it to work with the Gradient tool, but no matter what I do I can't get it to appear on my Mac Pro 5,1 running El Capitan. I tried following the instructions in this thread - 

The toolbar is available in Affinity Photo running on the same computer and the toolbar is working on my Mac Pro laptop running Sierra. Do I need to reinstall the program or do I need to (finally) upgrade to Sierra?

Capto_Capture-2017-10-03.jpg

Edited by dreamdancer
edited to add screenshot of my Design workspace

Hi Dreamdancer,

Firstly can you go to View > Show Context Toolbar and ensure it is checked, If it is not select it - does the Context Toolbar return?

Failing that can you hold down Ctrl when starting the application, tick all the options and press 'Clear'. Does this make it return?

Please note that holding Ctrl and clearing all the options will remove all of your customizations so any custom brushes, assets, styles etc you have will need to be exported and backed up first.

OH, my, I didn't see that setting!! Yes that fixed my problem. I was looking everywhere, I don't know why that didn't register.... Thank you so much. Love both Designer and Photo, I recommend them to everyone. Thank you again!!!