Sharkvince

[PIXEL] "low poly strokes" when drawing circles with graphic tablet, and strokes sometimes correct themselves incorrectly

I will just copy the contents of my issue from the facebook post I had made. Meant to post this here a lot earlier, but life got in the way:

I’m not sure if it's by design, or a bug, but basically: When I draw circles in the pixel persona, I’d expect them to be as round as I draw them. However, for the lack of a better term, they look a bit ‘low poly’. Lots of edges instead of organic curves. Did anyone also encounter this, or maybe know what causes this?

I’m using a Huion GT-191, Windows Ink enabled, on Windows 10. Had no performance issues whatsoever with my other raster-based art apps (Krita, Clip Studio Pro, etc.)

Attached a screenshot, please zoom in to spot the harsh edges.

If it's of any relevance, I use a dual-screen setup and they're both set at 1920x1080. I only have Affinity Designer open on one screen. Also encountered this issue with the Affinity Photo trial (I bought Designer by now and love it! Apart from this problem.)

21950206_10214700258365178_3490517449425048497_o.jpg

Try the designer beta with the brush stabelizer.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma