Sign in to follow this  
Lojza

How to convert AD document from RGB/8 to CMYK/8

Hi all,

I have a nasty problem: Designer document designed originally in RGB/8 which needs to be converted to CMYK/8 for printing purposes. With current AD beta on Mac, the original document cannot be converted to CMYK/8 - the buttons "Assign" and "Convert" in the Color tab of Document properties are disabled when choosing CMYK/8. Also, when creating a new CMYK/8 document and copy/pasting the contents from the original RGB/8 file, the colors get distorted badly.

Is there a way, how to achieve CMYK/8 document without significant color change (of course, there will be some, but currently when copy/pasting, the result is too different).

Thanks for any (quick ;)) advice!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Sorry, taking that back.

Now I realized that the "Assign" and "Convert" buttons relate to Color Profile only, not to the Colour Format...

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).