You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Overlays restriction

The overlays dialogue although brilliantly easy to use seems restrictive in that it doesn't permit a partial zone, that is to say if one starts the gradient midway down an image it automatically fills to the top. The brush overlay can't compensate for this because it doesn't gradate in quite the same smooth way even with adjusted hardness. Is there a way of getting a dual linear gradient, fading in and fading out? Or is that just too complicated an algorithm?

Michael

• Staff

Hi Michael,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, are you looking for an Overlay Gradient that is more akin to the one on the right, then the one on the left (what we currently have)? If so it would be worth creating a post in the features request. In the meantime you could probably use an Elliptical Gradient Overlay stretched out quite far to help simulate that.

Overlay.png

maybe i am wrong, but i think this kind of overlay is allready possible in photo:

half.jpg.6d9765cfb217df3f2b0829b77ab2a4e0.jpgfade.jpg.60b538f916ad96ad14cab10499d0e47e.jpg

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.