Mark Ingram

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.84

1 hour ago, Stuart_R said:

What a beautiful art piece! (I didn't get the ghost rectangle when I opened it)

Thanks

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.7.2.464  Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.7.2.464 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

23 minutes ago, Rick G said:

What a beautiful art piece! (I didn't get the ghost rectangle when I opened it)

Thanks

Thank you!... I like inktober..but I don't get much sleep:)..That's not the finished version..you can see it on Pinterest with #Inktober  

The rectangle only occurs when you open the file for the first time...(so it's initial view would be just pixel layers)I have worked on this one after the event...I am relieved it's not constant!

APh & AD 1.7.1.445 + Beta AD 1.7.2.464 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.2.464
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.2.458

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.07.5(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

2 hours ago, Stuart_R said:

Hi Sean,

I have attached the working file (I did some more work on the file itself unfortunately..) The issue is intermittent and disappears when you toggle outline mode (easy work around). It has occurred on a couple of files...I have been trying to re-create it this morning without success. 

Current project workflow = Initial Sketch Sketchbook Pro (8.5 [recent update]); save as PSD (default SP save), open in Affinity Designer Beta. and occasionally you see the previous image upload on the screen (but the colour of the rectangle can change!) ...good luck with this one:)

inktober-06-sword2.zip

Thanks for the file! Unfortunately I've had no luck reproducing the issue with that. I don't suppose you have the original PSD from Sketchbook Pro? 

Just now, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file! Unfortunately I've had no luck reproducing the issue with that. I don't suppose you have the original PSD from Sketchbook Pro? 

Absolutely!...as attached 

I couldn't reproduce it with a new exported file from Sketchbook...If it occurs again with another file I will screenshot it (reminds me of a previous bug with a rectangle appearing behind an artboard)

inktober-06-sword-testfile.zip

APh & AD 1.7.1.445 + Beta AD 1.7.2.464 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.2.464
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.2.458

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.07.5(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

For me there have been many bugs when I work with symbols:

1. when they have an image with mask, if i copi it it broke the program
2. if I have text in the symbol sometimes it does not update for all
3. if you copy a symbol to another file when you resize it it brokes the program
4. others that I did not identify why...

6 minutes ago, Lucaspchara said:

For me there have been many bugs when I work with symbols:

1. when they have an image with mask, if i copi it it broke the program
2. if I have text in the symbol sometimes it does not update for all
3. if you copy a symbol to another file when you resize it it brokes the program
4. others that I did not identify why...

I can confirm the Text updating in the symbols which seems to randomly work and not work sometimes. Another weird behavior regarding symbols: if I have a symbol inside multiple parent symbols, if I delete it from one parent symbol it disappears from the other parent symbols as well. If I hit Undo, only the current parent symbol gets the removed symbol back. This bug is the same in the stable 1.5 version as well. Hopefully the Symbols will get improved cause they are a real headache right now!

Check out my awesome Windows 10 Themes!

I finally figured out the issue with the font favorite bug in Affinity Designer 1.6.0.84. For a while now I've been puzzled why some of the fonts I've selected as favorites would be bumped off the list whenever I reopened the application to work with the font I wanted to use. Well, today I may have located the problem. Apparently, Affinity Designer bumps off the last favorite font added to the list of favorites whenever a new font is added to that list. 

For example, suppose you purchase a new commercial font and install that font in Windows. Affinity Designer registers the font for use..but when you add the font to the favorites list...it kicks off the last font you installed as a favorite. This explains why some fonts are no longer listed as favorites after new fonts get installed.

15 minutes ago, HagensWatch said:

I finally figured out the issue with the font favorite bug in Affinity Designer 1.6.0.84. For a while now I've been puzzled why some of the fonts I've selected as favorites would be bumped off the list whenever I reopened the application to work with the font I wanted to use. Well, today I may have located the problem. Apparently, Affinity Designer bumps off the last favorite font added to the list of favorites whenever a new font is added to that list. 

For example, suppose you purchase a new commercial font and install that font in Windows. Affinity Designer registers the font for use..but when you add the font to the favorites list...it kicks off the last font you installed as a favorite. This explains why some fonts are no longer listed as favorites after new fonts get installed.

Nice catch. I am nobody here but it might be worth starting a new thread with this so others can find it and respond

Thanks!

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.7.2.464  Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.7.2.464 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png