You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am a trial user.  Two dumb questions from a trial user.  1. I cannot figure out how to save a image that i worked on.  2.  I use Lightroom and like to save images with a name that includes some of what is in the EXIF like the following:  File name, ISO, Shutter, F stop, etc., etc.  Is there a way to do this in Affinity Photo?  

My initial impression is very favorable and I will likely buy it and discontinue using Photoshop and Lightroom. I am a not a professional and cannot mess paying a subscription fee monthly for something I use casually. 

BTW, Can a single license be used on both my desk top (MacMini) and my Mac Book Air, like I use Photoshop?  Reason I ask is that 95% of my image processing is done on the MacMini but there are times when I need to do some minimal processing while traveling with the Mac BookAir?.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @PCR. :)

1. From the File menu, choose 'Save' or 'Save As...' to save from Affinity Photo to the native *.afphoto format. Choose 'Export...' to save to other formats such as JPEG, TIFF or PSD.

2. You should be able to use whatever file name you like, subject to the usual restrictions imposed by the operating system.

You can install and use the Affinity products on any macOS or OS X machines that you own or control, as long as you are the only person using them for commercial purposes. The iPad version of Affinity Photo requires a separate licence.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Alfred

Thanks for responding so quickly.  I saw how to save the image in a the document form, but I did not see any option for export.  Could be I missed it.  I am using my Air book with 11inch screen because my Mini and its larger screen is getting a brain transplant. 

I would like to order Affinity today, using this Airbock,  if so, how can I then add it to the Mac Mini next week when its back in operation.

The EXIF question.  Is there a way to pick up this information and automatically add  it to the file name?

Again thanks,

Paul aka PCR

There is an Export item on the File menu, plus a dedicated Export Persona with many advanced options for exporting layers, user-defined slices, continuous export, & much more.

To add the app to another Mac you own or control, sign into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID you used for the initial purchase, go to the Purchased tab, locate the Affinity app in the list, & click Install.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, PCR said:

The EXIF question.  Is there a way to pick up this information and automatically add  it to the file name?

It's not possible at the moment.  It's possible when Serif release their Digital Asset Manager in the future, it will include flexible batch renaming features that will allow EXIF data to be used as part of the file name, but we don't know what features it will include yet.