Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, kaffeeundsalz said:

Sounds like ready-to-run Linux versions of both Photo and Designer would just be a few easy compiling minutes away then!

In true Jeremy Clakson style - "How hard can it be?"


AP user, running Win10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kaffeeundsalz said:

Maybe Serif should just give that guy a copy of their source code. Sounds like ready-to-run Linux versions of both Photo and Designer would just be a few easy compiling minutes away then! I literally can't wait!

And I am sure he (?) would be more than happy to personally handle the entire customer support workload for those versions, too.


Affinity Photo 1.7.1 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IanSG said:

In true Jeremy Clakson style - "How hard can it be?"

LOL I'm sure it would soon be "The best software in the world"


Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, R C-R said:
6 hours ago, R C-R said:

And I am sure he (?) would be more than happy to personally handle the entire customer support workload for those versions, too.

 

If any, I will tray a make Indiegogo crowdfund - rising money for developing and customer care support for Affinity suite for Linux.

Make installation package of *.deb files is described in this book:
https://debian-handbook.info/about-the-book/

Make installation  basic package  of *.rpm is described here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package

Universal snaps approach [ Flatpak | Snapcraft  ] here & here:
http://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/basic-concepts.html

https://build.snapcraft.io/ 

And more like windows "Installation Wizard" approach:
For example:
https://www.ej-technologies.com/products/install4j/overview.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, toltec said:

LOL I'm sure it would soon be "The best software in the world"

"Affinity it's the greatest suite of tools for PRO in the world" - ROFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chiddekel said:

I will tray a make Indiegogo crowdfund

As mentioned previously in this thread, crowdfunding does not fit Serif’s business model.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chiddekel said:

"Affinity it's the greatest suite of tools for PRO in the world" - ROFL

If you watched Top Gear in English, you wold recognise that one of Jeremy Clarkson's favourite phrases is "the best, in the world".


Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, αℓƒяє∂ said:

As mentioned previously in this thread, crowdfunding does not fit Serif’s business model.

For example - Basic concept:
I have company name  "The greatest"  none profit company of course -   in short call - A and Serif - the B.

A - make affinity suite great again - work on [Ubuntu, Fedora - Linux in General]

As  - an A - I make a GOAL - after negotiation with B  - set the amount of donation in Indiegogo crowdfund to have enough money to work on a project, the min. 1 year.

 




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlainP said:

This thread is getting ridiculous. 

Rather, I think to make the talk more like two way talking
Detailed tech talk - one side and Business Planning Talk a second  - around Linux Env and it's very powerful solution, that can be finally used in graphics market share.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toltec said:

"getting" ? O.o

No, it's very light talk - I:) look on reedit - there are some hard talking... in here it's like almost smooth talking ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chiddekel said:

Rather, I think to make the talk more like two way talking
Detailed tech talk - one side and Business Planning Talk a second  - around Linux Env and it's very powerful solution, that can be finally used in graphics market share.

No, you are not providing any "detailed tech talk" -- in fact, much of what you write is almost completely unintelligible because you so frequently butcher the English language & just provide vague references to things the developers almost certainly know much more about than you do, without providing any substantive detail about them at all.

You also seem almost totally naive about the realities of the business world or the actual process of developing software apps.

But aside from that, you are doing great. :)


Affinity Photo 1.7.1 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

No, you are not providing any "detailed tech talk" -- in fact, much of what you write is almost completely unintelligible because you so frequently butcher the English language & just provide vague references to things the developers almost certainly know much more about than you do, without providing any substantive detail about them at all.

You also seem almost totally naive about the realities of the business world or the actual process of developing software apps.

But aside from that, you are doing great. :)

Correct is - we do not provide detailed tech talk - I have started a bringing on.
And as any start, it's not easy ¦]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

But aside from that, you are doing great. :)

I used to say that very phrase to my daughter when she was about five and I had just corrected her on some utter rubbish she said about something she though she had learned at school. xD


Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chiddekel said:

Do I have a question - yes - what library and version of it missing on Linux to port Affinity Suite?

common_sense.lib


Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kaffeeundsalz said:

Maybe Serif should just give that guy a copy of their source code. Sounds like ready-to-run Linux versions of both Photo and Designer would just be a few easy compiling minutes away then! I literally can't wait!

Technically it is easy. For example in last month I re write c++ code in to python.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, sorry.   That was almost evil, even from me.... 

Look, chiddekel, this is the situation : You are not convincing the 'powers that be' behind the company. You probably are a very talented coder (and if you know python and C++, that's great knowledge and path, and I am not being ironical now, certainly not ), but here the problem is, as I believe you are already detecting, fully business related. It is not a technical issue, so it doesn't matter how many technical explanations you make here. And the reasons for them to move away from that position (that is, to make a Linux port) would so only be business related, and/or company structure related. You are NOT going to convince them, this is a fact. It is better for your own sake if you assume it already.... We all believe you are not really fully understanding some answers, as well....


Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chiddekel said:

Correct is - we do not provide detailed tech talk - I have started a bringing on.

Nope. The only things you have 'brought on' are a painful to read demonstration of your inability to use the English language to communicate anything clearly, & your woeful lack of understanding of how commercial software development actually works.


Affinity Photo 1.7.1 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×