You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Full Support for Fuji X-Trans Sensor?

Hi,

Just downloaded the Beta version and noticed that the newer Fuji cameras, X-T1 and X-E2, are not supported yet.  Adobe supports the X-Trans sensor, sort of, but with many issues.  I think they have settled into it's good enough, but it is not!

Do you have plans to fully support the X-Trans sensor?  Phase One's Capture Pro 8 does a decent job, but even that could be better.  They have stated in the past that they really don't care to do anything regarding Fujifilm cameras so any further development on there part is nonexistent.

The Fuji owners of the world are really looking to a good solution.  Your thoughts??

Thanks,

Rick Lewis

• Staff

Hello rlewis, 

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry for missing your question. 

There's dozens of models ou there. It's impossible for us to support them all from the start. This is just the first beta.

More RAW formats will be added during the development. Some still need corrections/improvements. The best i can advise for now it to keep an eye on the supported RAW formats list. We will be updating it as soon as new formats are added.

I had the same question, the RAF files from my Fuji X-M1 are not supported.  The file comes up, Affinity correctly gives all the metadata but the image is black.  It would be SO nice to be able to edit my images using your program.  Any idea how long and will users be notified when this happens?

• Staff

There's still some problems loading some RAW formats. We are working to have them fixed as soon as possible.

The following cameras are scheduled to be supported in the nest update on Monday:

- Baumer TXG14
- Blackmagic Cinema
- Canon EOS 70D, C500, S120, G16
- Fujifilm X-M1, X-A1, XE2, XQ1
- Hasselblad Lunar, Stellar
- Leica C, X VARIO
- Nikon D5200, P7800, D5300, D610, Df, 1 AW1
- Nokia Lumia 1020, 1520
- Olympus E-P5,E-M1, STYLUS1
- OmniVision OV5647 (Raspberry Pi)
- Panasonic LF1, GX7, GF6, GM1
- Pentax K-50, K-500, Q7,K-3
- Richon GR
- Samsung NX300, NX1100, NX2000, Galaxy NX (EK-GN120)

There's still some problems loading some RAW formats. We are working to have them fixed as soon as possible.

The following cameras are scheduled to be supported in the nest update on Monday:

- Baumer TXG14
- Blackmagic Cinema
- Canon EOS 70D, C500, S120, G16
- Fujifilm X-M1, X-A1, XE2, XQ1
- Hasselblad Lunar, Stellar
- Leica C, X VARIO
- Nikon D5200, P7800, D5300, D610, Df, 1 AW1
- Nokia Lumia 1020, 1520
- Olympus E-P5,E-M1, STYLUS1
- OmniVision OV5647 (Raspberry Pi)
- Panasonic LF1, GX7, GF6, GM1
- Pentax K-50, K-500, Q7,K-3
- Richon GR
- Samsung NX300, NX1100, NX2000, Galaxy NX (EK-GN120)

Thank you MEB!!  I am very interested to see how your program handles RAF's and extracting detail without that awful watercoloring effect LR produces.

Well this is a shame. I also shoot with an Fuji X T1 and was curious as to whether or not the output from this software would have been better than that of the latest Lightroom version. Too bad.. I still have a question though: Is the difficulty in support due to the lack of support from Fuji? Will they not release their schematics for the format?