You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete adjustment, older adjustment is opened automatically

I am happy with the new Beta! Now testing again.

Since long time there is a small bug. I tested it again with the .83 version and it is still there. If you Add an adjustment and then choose to Delete. The adjustment window disappear and the former adjustment window is opened.

6 hours ago, dvdende said:

Since long time there is a small bug. I tested it again with the .83 version and it is still there. If you Add an adjustment and then choose to Delete. The adjustment window disappear and the former adjustment window is opened.

Hello dvdende,

I tried this and can confirm this behaviour.

But it only occurs if the deleted adjustment window is opened.

Maybe this was intended by the developers?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this is now resolved in the latest beta.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

6 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We believe this is now resolved in the latest beta.

Today I did the following:

• Open any AP file
  • Add as a top layer an adjustment layer (e.g. black and white)
  • > The adjustment layer's window shows up. CLOSE this window.
  • Add on top of this another adjustment layer (e.g. curves)
  • > The new curves layer opens.
  • Now delete the most top adjustment layer (= curves) with the popup window open.
  • > The popup window then switches to the adjustment of the layer below (in this case the black and white adjustment).

Expected behaviour: Delete an adjustment layer with it's popup window open and everything gets cleared. No new popup windows.

Perhaps this is a matter of 'taste' or concept. I find it 'confusing'.

At this point many thanks for all your efforts and a great program that I very much enjoy and appreciate.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.