You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t Open Canon CR2 Files

Hi,

I have a 9.7” iPad Pro with iOS 11.01 and the latest version of Affinity Photo (1.6.5.61). I have a Canon 70D camera. I saved some RAW files to google Drive. I can’t “Import From Cloud” the CR2 files as they are greyed out. If I go to the Drive app and select “Open In”, I can choose Affinity Photo as an option, but absolutely nothing happens when I do this. 

Am I missing a step? Are RAWs from my camera not supported? Is there anything else that I can do? My hope was that I could use my iPad and Affinity for post work when I travel and avoid lugging a laptop, but I’m wondering if I may have made a mistake.

Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Hi Astronomer...I am using iPad and camera as you would like to...except....i connect my 5DIII via camera connection and upload to iPad into Photos app. They are stored as.CR2 files and can be pulled into Affinity as raw files. It would depend of course on your iPad memory, and how many images you have to store. I also have an external hard drive accessed through WiFi if there are too many shots. No longer a fan of cloud storage I'm afraid.

Thanks DGL, that worked! Earlier posts from this Spring indicated that a jpg would be imported, but it looks like this has been fixed. I picked up Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 camera adapter yesterday, and I have 256gb iPad. I was able to select which photos to copy over and they import to Affinity just fine. This rocks!

Good to hear Astronomer...I just completed overseas trip generating 1500 raw files..(I know....I have to cull them...a lot...)....just downloaded the files to iPad each day...spent some free time processing some....and when I got home uploaded from iPad to wifi hard drive. Didn't need laptop...and I would have taken the iPad anyway...so wins all around.