You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo local folder via Files app API?

I am wondering if the current Affinity Photo app does not have the correct API implemented to view files natively in iOS 11's new files app. I know some apps have been updated to iOS 11 and have included the new API.

I have noticed that other apps that have a File Explorer feature are being updated to include files viewable via the new Files app on iOS 11. There are 2 different implementations I have seen so far, 1st: the app just lists the Service on the side and when tapping on the service to view files, brings up a pop up over the Files app. 2nd: the app updated their API to have files viewable in the files app native, and not a popup.

I have included some screenshots that may help explain what I am talking about.

I hope we can get native file viewing or file management with the new files app.

The original poster posted this request in the wrong location in the forums "here  Affinity Photo local folder via Files app API?" so I reposted it in the feature request section. The original poster is TheLivingKing2

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

The original poster posted this request in the wrong location in the forums "here  Affinity Photo local folder via Files app API?" so I reposted it in the feature request section. The original poster is TheLivingKing2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 10:47 AM, GoranS said:

Absolute must. I'm trying to switch to ipad pro and Affinity to do my photo editing but without bein able to manage files locally in Files app (in Affinity folder) I can't. 

Desparately waiting for this! 

Thanks! 

The latest beta adds some, if not all of the requested features above. New beta