You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi! Thanks everyone for being awesome. In the photo you can see the tutorial is teaching how to use the pen tool

to remove a background. In the video the pen tool selection path is rounded. Trying to follow along, my selection path is a straight

line. So as I select my points, I get straight lines from one point to the other, not curved as in the video. How is this done? 

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 1.48.04 PM.png

What I usually do is to first lay down the initial path. in rough approximations using the pen tool. Then I go into the Node tool, zoom way in, and make the final adjustments. Like @toltec say, you will not get it exact in the first placement, so the Node tool is your best friend here. I will say though, that the more you use it, the easier the pen tool will be to use, to the point where you will actually love using it!

I know because I have a moderate form of cerebral palsy, and have less than optimal manual dexterity in my hands. Until I started using Affinity just a couple months ago, I hated using the pen tool. But the ease of use and intuitive-ness of the pen tool in the Affinity apps has made it an absolute joy for even me to use! :)