Sign in to follow this  
Jokinb

CURVES ADJUSTMENTS

In the help documentation is said that a node in the curve adjustment can be deleted by "Click to select a node and then press the Backspace key to remove it.".

When I press the Backspace key the Curve window is closed and is deleted the adjustment layer just created.

How can I delete a curve´s node?

Jokinb

Thanks,

Moving over the node and clicking the right mouse button detele it, but if I press the Suppr key the graphic window  (LAB curves) disappear and the adjustment layer too. A bug?

Jokinb

Hi Jokinb and Kingpawn,

@Kingpawn For me (Windows 10), moving over the node and clicking the right mouse button don't work, the "Cut" option deletes the entire line

@Jokinb Press "Suppr" key does the job and nothing disappear.

Maybe are you both under Mac and in this case the operating mode is different between the two OS?

I'm also on Windows 10. I don't have a « Suppr » key on my UK English keyboard ;) but pressing the Delete key or the Backspace key in either Designer or Photo simply cancels the adjustment and closes the Curves window. Right-clicking over a node deletes that node; other nodes are unaffected, and the Curves window remains open.

@Alfred I had not tried "Backspace" key and this also deletes the selected node without affecting the rest of the line.

Chris_K "this should ideally be backspace to match the Mac behaviour"

Why?

Since I have used the mouse to create the node and used the mouse to adjust the curve, why not continue to use the mouse to delete a node? This seems, to me at least, a much more natural way of working.

28 minutes ago, Kingpawn said:

Since I have used the mouse to create the node and used the mouse to adjust the curve, why not continue to use the mouse to delete a node? This seems, to me at least, a much more natural way of working.

Right-clicking to delete a node works fine, but the point is that pressing the Backspace key is available as an alternative on a Mac and it should also be available on Windows.

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Right-clicking to delete a node works fine, but the point is that pressing the Backspace key is available as an alternative on a Mac and it should also be available on Windows.

I'm sorry, but for me, Windows 10 and French keyboard, the right click on a node does not offer the possibility to delete it, if I choose "Cut", that's the whole line disappears.

Right click.png

1 hour ago, reglico said:

I'm sorry, but for me, Windows 10 and French keyboard, the right click on a node does not offer the possibility to delete it, if I choose "Cut", that's the whole line disappears.

You're looking in the wrong place, Régis! We're talking specifically about the Curves adjustment window, where you can delete a node in the curve by right-clicking on it. We should also be able to delete the node by left-clicking on it and pressing the Backspace key; this works on a Mac, but on Windows it currently closes the Curves window.

44 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You're looking in the wrong place, Régis! We're talking specifically about the Curves adjustment window, where you can delete a node in the curve by right-clicking on it. We should also be able to delete the node by left-clicking on it and pressing the Backspace key; this works on a Mac, but on Windows it currently closes the Curves window.

Alfred, thank you for your answer, but here I feel completely stupid: I can not find the Curves adjusment window. I have just come to look for a long (very) long time, certainly not in the right place since I did not find it!:(

2 minutes ago, reglico said:

Alfred, thank you for your answer, but here I feel completely stupid: I can not find the Curves adjusment window. I have just come to look for a long (very) long time, certainly not in the right place since I did not find it!:(

From the Layer menu, choose 'New Adjustment > Curves'. :)

18 minutes ago, Alfred said:

From the Layer menu, choose 'New Adjustment > Curves'. :)

Thank you Alfred, I had looked at this window but it seems to concern only work on the mixing of colors, I do not see anything about the possibility of deleting a node. I must really miss something!

New adjustment.png

11 minutes ago, reglico said:

Thank you Alfred, I had looked at this window but it seems to concern only work on the mixing of colors, I do not see anything about the possibility of deleting a node. I must really miss something!

Have you played with the Curves adjustment now, or are you still missing something? :/

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Have you played with the Curves adjustment now, or are you still missing something? :/

Yes, but it only plays on the color, I always miss something to "work" the knots. I do not know if this is normal, but as soon as I click "Curve" in "New adjustment", the line is deselected.

39 minutes ago, reglico said:

... I had looked at this window but it seems to concern only work on the mixing of colors, I do not see anything about the possibility of deleting a node.

...I do not know if this is normal, but as soon as I click "Curve" in "New adjustment", the line is deselected.

The nodes are in the graph itself (for the curves adjustment layer), not in the curve you drew with the pen tool.  If you check out the following videos, you can see the nodes in the curves adjustment layer graph that the OP is referring to:

Affinity Photo - Curves

Affinity Photo - Curves Picker

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

The nodes are in the graph itself (in the curves adjustment layer), not in the curve you drew with the pen tool.  If you check out the following videos, you can see the nodes in the curves adjustment layer graph that the OP is referring to:

Affinity Photo - Curves

Affinity Photo - Curves Picker

Thanks for the videos, Sima.

I have the impression that from the beginning there is a misunderstanding: I thought it was a matter of removing a node from a line drawn in Designer. Apparently the problem was quite different and more would concern Affinity Photo.

As I said in my previous answer to @Alfred, in the "Curves" window I could only play on the colors, what your videos show, while my goal was to remove a "physical" node from the curve on the drawing .

We were not talking about the same thing!

Again thanks for your response Sima and thank you for taking the time to join the videos,

Regards,

Regis

@Alfred, thank you for your patience, finally we were not talking about the same thing, I thought it was to delete a physical node of a curve drawn in the pen in Affinity Designer and not a node in the window " Curves "from Affinity Photo.

Regards,

Regis

48 minutes ago, reglico said:

@Alfred, thank you for your patience, finally we were not talking about the same thing

Quite so! That's why I wrote:

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

You're looking in the wrong place, Régis! We're talking specifically about the Curves adjustment window, ...