postmadesign

Jagged brush lines on quick strokes

Thanks a lot Chris B,

I think I read about your bug time ago, but couldn't find the thread. I found this one instead.

Let's hope the bug could be resolved soon.

Regards.

Hello again.

I've been testing and investigating about the initial lag when you do quick strokes. These are my findings/solutions, hope could help somebody. I have win7 64 bit, wacom intuos p&s and latest drivers.

Jagged brush lines are not a problem in vertor strokes, because after you draw a stroke, it is smoothed. So if you work with designer and vectors, it's not a issue. But the initial part of the stroke, that is plain and not curved, is annoing. It seems related with a lag that is common to many wacom tablets, you can find information about this issue on youtube/google and the solutions are like this:

* disable the Tablet PC input service

* disable fickers

* disable gestures

* disable windows ink

But none worked for me. Also I discovered that this issue is also present in other apps, like Krita (not the "jagged lines issue", but the lag issue).

After intensive testing and chaging every possible setting, this is what worked for me

... drums sound ...

To disable the "Tip Double Click Distance" setting.

I have uploaded two pics/scenarios.

Pic 1: designer, left part are vector 'circles' drawn with 'Tip Double Click Distance' at medium settings, right part with that setting disabled.

Pic 2: krita, left are pixel circles with setting disabled, right with the setting enabled

Notice the difference, there is no initial lag when the 'Tip Double Click Distance' is set to OFF.

About the jaggeg lines, this is a issue related to affinity photo/designer-pixel persona, so let's hope developers found a solution soon.

Hope this worked for you too.

Regards.

tip-dcd.png

krita-tip-dcd.png

Wanted to add that I just purchased the program, and I am experiencing the jagged line issue on both my wacom 4 intuos as well as my wacom mobilestation pro. I hope this issue is fixed soon as I was trying to determine if I could replace photoshop with this program going forward.

Was this issue always present? Or is this something that appeared in the latest update?

I should note also that I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks

Here's a "me too" response. 

the attached image is a composite of 3 images. A screen grab from AP, a screen grab from AD of the same imaged, and the third image is the image exported to a jpg.

as you can see from the AP screen grab the line is extremely jagged. the same image opened in AD is still jagged but less so. and the jpg export is smooth as I would expect all to be. 

I can't pin down whether this started with a macOS update or an AP update. but it happens with all shapes (which are not horizontal or vertical), and happens with text as well. 

as you can imagine, this makes it very difficult to work with. not to mention, highly annoying.  

I'm running a 2015 15" MacBook Pro, with Retina display, and macOS 10.13.2. With AP 1.6.6 & AD 1.6.0.

It may be worth mentioning, I do not see this behavior with the iPad.

slice1.png

Hello again.

I was not sure about updating this thread or not. Well, I changed my tablet so I'm not using my old Wacom. I checked three different tablet models:

* Huion Q11K
* XP-Pen star 06
* XP-Pen Deco 01

All worked fine, nice strokes, without issues. I know, this is not a 'solution' for everybody, but if you have an old Wacom with issues, and are thinking to upgrade your tablet... you have several options really cheap.

Regards.

I would like to report that I'm having the same problem. My settings are set to where I should have the 'best' quality but my lines are very jagged. I tried making my lines thicker but you can still see jaggedness. Right now, I'm having to blur them myself with a filter and then copy the lines to make them darker, which is a huge waste of resources.

Comp.png

Hi!

Does anyone else still have this problem, even on 1.6? If I clear everything (by holding Ctrl while launching, select all, and clear them) it works for a while, but always returns. Tried 1.7 beta as well, but same results. With Designer I do not have the problem. I'd really like to use AP but it's really hard if I can't even draw a circle... I use Windows 10

image.png.fc0e0c31419a759b1ca0a5e625be8aa9.png