You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 5 still has problems with external plugins

Flaming Pear's Flood -- There is some slight improvement over the current official release, but Beta 5 still does not render application of the plugin correctly.

Topaz Labs -- B&W Effects, Clarity, Clean, Detail and Star Effects work correctly in my tests. However, plugins which Topaz has recently upgraded, do not work in Beta 5.

I used PhotoLine 20 as my non-Photoshop control editor. That app runs all of the above-referenced plugins.

Bob

IMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017, 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 64GB memory. macOS 13.4.1

Topaz's new product, Studio, is available as a plugin and does not work with beta 5.

PhotoLine calls every single Photoshop compatible plugin that I have tried and they all have run properly, but of course PhotoLine does not have to conform to the App Store restrictions, so their job is much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Beta 6 -- No change.

None of the Flaming Pear Photoshop plugins I have tried work properly.

None of the Topaz Photoshop plugins I have tried work in Beta 6, returning the error "IPC Memory in use or image size is too big for the system."

MikeFromMesa is right. PhotoLine runs all of these. I seriously doubt that App Store restrictions are the reason, however. ;)

IMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017, 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 64GB memory. macOS 13.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.