You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

High precision Tablet bug and high res paint performance

.83 beta, win10 x64, 1080ti, ryzen 1800x, wacom intous pro latest drivers.

First of all fantastic work guys, this and designer are very promising applications, I would love to see fixes applied to this version as they are kind of showstoppers for a pro workflow.

The new High precision mode for wacom tablets seems to be very inconsistent. Most times, curves are very smooth, other times they appear somewhat stepped and rigid. Like some type of interpolation value is getting messed up.  I notice it most when Im using pressure. Iv included a picture to illustrate and circled the offending spirals lol

Please have another look into this as I would love to do all of my painting in affinity photo. 

Another issue I hope can be looked into is the performance of brushes at high resolutions 4k 300 dpi+, it lags behind the cursor currently making high res painting a nightmare.

Edit: I checked the brush lag against krita, and gimp Affinty is the only program with lag. The lag also occurs at every resolution. I also checked without the tablet plugged in and it appears the mouse suffers from the same issue.

test.jpg

• Staff

Hi mkz,

When you find the brush strokes are getting laggy do you have the Layers Panel or History Panels visible at all? There is an issue that can cause brush strokes to respond this way if you have these visible. The more entries in both will cause it to respond more jagged!

Hey Sean, I closed down all of the studio panels on the right and the problem persists. Also, the problem is persistent regardless of which brush is selected.  Let me know if you need me to test anything else.

What systems are you guys using? Are any of you using Wacom IntuosPros at all running on win10 x64? I have confirmed this issue across 3 computers now, one with a bamboo and win 7 x64. I have the same experience in Designer too... except i never noticed it as im tracing showily or laying down curves by points. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.