You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

there is a PDF in the zip that explains the process. Is that unclear? you load them into the library panel ( "View" > "Studio" > "Library"), and import using the "Import Macros" option in the burger menu

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Patrick, thanks but Affinity "Import Macros" cannot locate it on my Desktop or from my Downloads area. Even after typing in the exact file name 'Macro-Pack.7' it is not found, nor when I truncate to 'Macro-Pack' or 'macro-pack.zip' .I see it on my Desktop and I see it when I go to My PC>Downloads. But Affinity is not seeing it. The pdf is clear.

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg

The original file name is 'free-macro-pack.zip', but you may have renamed it when you downloaded it. Either way, what you have downloaded is a zip archive: you need to unzip its contents to access the files (three *.afmacros files and the PDF 'Quick Start' guide)  that it contains.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...

I updated from (v 1.5.x) through the MAS (Mac Apple Store). According to the web site, I should also get a free pack, but there is no information. Is there an uninstaller that I need to run to get rid of old versions so as to get the complete new version and pack? The instructions are very much non-existent and unclear. I do not get a splash screen when I open the new version. 

I finally got how to reset the splash screen to open up when starting the app. Then download offer shows up. Then create account page, to set up / register. Then, the download splash screen. Then the downloads. Sheesh. Could have been so much easier with one line added to the promo email!!  

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Techworks Pro said:

I updated from (v 1.5.x) through the MAS (Mac Apple Store). According to the web site, I should also get a free pack, but there is no information. Is there an uninstaller that I need to run to get rid of old versions so as to get the complete new version and pack? The instructions are very much non-existent and unclear. I do not get a splash screen when I open the new version. 

I finally got how to reset the splash screen to open up when starting the app. Then download offer shows up. Then create account page, to set up / register. Then, the download splash screen. Then the downloads. Sheesh. Could have been so much easier with one line added to the promo email!!  

Sorry there was a glitch, as it should have been straightforward. To other readers PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

14 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry there was a glitch, as it should have been straightforward. To other readers PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD 

Thanks, Patrick. I reset the preference to show the splash screen first. Forgot to mention that part. :D

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

As that thread is now 7 pages long (!!) is there a more succinct, up-to-date version that covers the troubleshooting procedures for users still having problems with this after (presumably) the glitch was resolved?

I suppose it is fairly obvious now, but in the future perhaps it would be a good idea to include the relevant info in the email notice.... 9_9

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 7 months later...
On 9/26/2017 at 11:23 AM, Patrick Connor said:

there is a PDF in the zip that explains the process. Is that unclear? you load them into the library panel ( "View" > "Studio" > "Library"), and import using the "Import Macros" option in the burger menu

The PDF only says how to install on iPad...I need help on Windows - there is no "View" > "Studio" > "Library" option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 1:38 AM, biz_kid1 said:

The PDF only says how to install on iPad...I need help on Windows - there is no "View" > "Studio" > "Library" option.

"View" > "Studio" > "Library" is shorthand for "Go to the View menu, choose 'Studio' to display the Studio submenu, and then choose 'Library' to toggle the visibility of the Library panel."

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

"View" > "Studio" > "Library" is shorthand for "Go to the View menu, choose 'Studio' to display the Studio submenu, and then choose 'Library' to toggle the visibility of the Library panel."

You know what matters? If it's iPad Affinity Photo or Windows Affinity designer...worked on Windows Affinity designer just fine! :D I'm an idiot...sometimes.

53 minutes ago, biz_kid1 said:

I'm an idiot...sometimes.

Would you like to join the club? We already have a zillion members but there is plenty of room for more. :3_grin:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7