jep111111

Wacom Tablet "lag" or delay in Affinity Photo

I have this small but quite annoying problem when using a Wacom Intuos 4 medium pen tablet in Affinity Photo

When I do something - like creating a brushstroke or moving a handle on a tool etc. - there is a slight "lag" or delay before it actually starts to work. It's only a split second but enough to disturb the workflow.

If I put the pen down and wait a short while, it will activate and work as expected.

I have tested the tablet in an old Photoshop version and in Wacoms own configuration software, and in both cases it works fine and as expected. No lag at all.

Has anybody experienced this problem or maybe has an explanation or even a solution :-)

I am on a Windows 7 machine and newest version of Affinity Photo.

Thanks

Best regards

Jes

HI Jes

I've been trying this and I'm not getting any noticeable lag, it seems pretty similar to using the mouse. I am on Windows 10 though which does have windows Ink support. Can you try our beta for 1.6, this has had a couple of tablet improvements so this may speed things up for you

Cheers

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried different things and still notice this delay. Even after going through the Wacom tablet settings. I thought it might have something to do with the sensitivity of the pen - pressure etc. If I use the paintbrush with the preview color in the cursor and wait until the color disappear and goes white - then it becomes more "fluent" and the start of the movement less laggy.

But I will test the 1.6. beta and see if there is any difference. Thanks

Jes

I have done a full clean and put the newest drivers myself and having the same lag issue. This really needs to be fixed as i use my tablet all the time.

Gary

Same/similar issue here. If someone knows a way to solve it, please share. There are several threads about this issue with wacom tablets (lag or jaggy lines). I just can't use my wacom to draw anything, in Designer or Photo.

So you can add me to that 'pressure' group ;)

Regards.

9 hours ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello everybody,
try the following:
Edit
Prefernces
Tools
disable high precision tablet input
(it has helped by me)

Regards

But is it enabled by default? On one of my installations it was disabled as default. Have to check the other tonight

18 hours ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello everybody,
try the following:
Edit
Prefernces
Tools
disable high precision tablet input
(it has helped by me)

Regards

I tried all possible combinations, no difference.

See topic

Regards.

I am also running into this issue, i recently got a Samsung NB9 Pro with EMR and i tried running Photo and drawing with it and ran into some pretty crippling lag. 

here are some reference images from Photo vs AutoDesk Sketchbook

when using Sketchbook or OneNote, the ink flows the second you touch the screen, but when using Photo there is a significant delay, so much so that when trying to draw C's like i did here, the program misses the initial curve and picks up later. Using a stabilizer fixes some of the issues but it still happens even with a stabilizer. 

i also ran into the same problem using Designer. 

Affinity.jpg

SketchBook.jpg