meisterrossi

Snapshot deletes Slices

Hello,

when I use the snapshot dialog an create one or two, all my slices in the state are deleted.

Also this function doesn't really work with big files. 

Are there any experiences or solutions with that?

Best

Jörg

Hi Jörg,

This is a known issue with development to be looked into. When you say 'this function doesn't really work with big files', are you able to expand on what you mean by that? Can you give any specific or detailed steps to explain? 

As obviously we and the developers cannot really do much with just 'doesn't really work with big files'.

Thanks

Hi Sean,

I have a file with many artboards for an app-design that's more than 1 GB at filesize including many picture etc. With that file the snapshot-function doesn't work.

With small files it does.

BR Jörg

I've just uploaded that file. Before that I deleted some artboards to see if it has an effect on the filesize and it doesn't.

So I think something is going wrong here. Could it depend on the amound of symbols?

I'm looking forward for your replay.

Best

Jörg

Hi Jörg,

Thanks for the file. I'm able to create Snapshots as well as restore them without a problem using your file. Are you able to use QuickTime to do a recording showing the problem please?

Regarding the Symbols and the File size - it looks like you're saving a lot of objects with high resolution images as symbols which is adding to the size of the file.

8 minutes ago, meisterrossi said:

Attached the video file which shows my problem. BTW ... my AD-Version is 1.5.5 on a Mac.

I hope it's not a user-generated-mistake ... ;)

Best

Jörg

snapshot-problem.mov

Ahh it's a Symbol object that you're changing the colour off between each Snapshot. It looks like we're not remembering the colour state of the symbol for each snapshot.

I'll get this passed onto development.