You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to import .PSD & .AI image with text (ability to edit its text)

UPDATE:

.psd portion resolved. I thought it was not working because of the following reason:

The designer whom created the letterhead did so with adobe illustrator. I have .psd and .ai version of it. Would prefer to use .ai since it’s vector based, unfortunately, there’s an issue there as well.

The issue with Affinity Photo which shocked me, is that, when I opened the .psd file, it opened without its layers. The creator of this file left layer accessibility (never flattening) for future updates. 

So, when I opened this same .psd file with Procreate.... all the layers were there. Cool! But, there are no text tools to fix the text. Always something.

Now, when I open the same file with Affinity Photo (no layers) appear. This Sucks elephant balls. Why? Because my time is limited and I chose to learn Affinity Photo with that limited time, going off the YouTube videos, leading me to believe - it can do stuff like this.

Unfortunately, now I have to waste more time in the forums scouring answers, since responses are not swift, once I leave here... I have to scour the net for answers.

So guys, why are the layers in the .psd file are not appearing in your app? (Picture below) also, node tools? Do we have that? That can help me delete the graphic icons by the text such as address, phone... etc, as well as raise up/rearrange the other graphical nodes (in the Picture below)

Lastly, why can I not open a .ai file from my google drive? It’s grayed out.  (Picture below)

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello, 

wonderful to see this forum buzzing with even more life since I’ve last been here, and it was already lively to begin with. Love the quick edit button on the forums and the all these new features... look at you serif? Making moves. Excellent, not only are the new features robust, but very user friendly. You guys rock!

My issue, I have a .psd letter head where I need to edit its text. I tried following these instruction by @MEB 

“Hi adrianokalil,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to Affinity Designer PreferencesGeneral section and check Import PSD text as text rather than bitmap.”

@MEB posted this in the following thread:

I’ve uploaded my file, as you can see on the upper right hand side, I want to remove where it says “phone number” and raise up the following text underneath it.

Would appreciate some help here. Thank you. 

7C364223-A54E-4E0F-A54B-92A5BD625073.jpeg

31BCDD4C-72D5-484C-92FC-4014F7FB1039.png

8E0CCF64-6947-41CF-AF31-F4AE3B77501C.png

720DD10A-DA60-4394-B729-DEDF0C17F20F.png

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

• Staff

Hi Affinity iPad Student,

Looks like you've used the Place command to put the PSD file on the page in Affinity, you'll need to double tap the PSD you put on the page and it will open it up and allow you to view the layers and alter the text.  If you just open the PSD file from the Home screen of Affinity, you'd be able to edit the layers straight away.  

As for AI files appearing greyed out, this is due to the Google Drive API and is out of our control.  You placed the AI file on your Dropbox/iCloud you'd be able to access the file.

We do have a Node Tool and it's under the fly out for the Pen Tool on the left.