You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo local folder via Files app API?

I am wondering if the current Affinity Photo app does not have the correct API implemented to view files natively in iOS 11's new files app. I know some apps have been updated to iOS 11 and have included the new API.

I have noticed that other apps that have a File Explorer feature are being updated to include files viewable via the new Files app on iOS 11. There are 2 different implementations I have seen so far, 1st: the app just lists the Service on the side and when tapping on the service to view files, brings up a pop up over the Files app. 2nd: the app updated their API to have files viewable in the files app native, and not a popup.

I have included some screenshots that may help explain what I am talking about.

I hope we can get native file viewing or file management with the new files app.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oh, please add this in the next iteration … I have used AP on iPad for a few retouching jobs now, and yes, I must repeat myself, it would be awesome, if we could copy large .aphoto files directly to a dedicated directory of AP on the iPad. Plug and play. Sure, we can always use Documents by Readdle or a similar app, but the disadvantage is that Documents cannot create a preview of .aphoto documents. With a dedicated directory, accessible in the Files app, previewing .aphoto files should be possible, shouldn’t it? :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.