You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.83

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when access is denied to the ProgramData directory (diverts to user's AppData)
  • Fixed objects not adding to symbols correctly
  • Fixed crash dragging in empty Library panel
  • Fixed crash pressing up arrow in opacity edit box
  • Fixed SVG import not using units (was always at 72dpi)
  • Fixed SVG loading of hidden attributes
  • Fixed SVG loading of strokes with no line style but with width
  • Added ability to break curves in multiple places at once
  • Fixed export to allow forward slash
  • Fixed Brush Dialog not updating after changes to context bar or via shortcuts
  • Fixed undo/redo of brightness in Tone Mapping persona showing reverse in UI
  • Fixed being unable to rotate image past -0.7 when using increment
  • Added missing tooltips in the New Batch Job dialog
  • Fixed Export Size not changing when using Selection with/without Background
  • Fixed colour swatches dragging colours from the panel over objects
  • Fixed Gradient Tool flyout disappearing when trying to adjust RGB Sliders
  • Fixed SVG import of stroke-dasharray values when the array has an odd number of items
  • Fixed SVG import of stroke-dasharray="0" (now parsed the same way as stroke-dasharray="none")
  • Fixed SVG import to use case-insensitive colour names
  • Fixed Preferences > Performance dialog entries shifted too far left
  • Fixed missing warning icons in Export Persona
  • Added PSB file extension to open dialog
  • Fixed images copied from Microsoft paint appearing upside down
  • Fixed not opening maximized after resetting the Preferences options
  • Fixed Swatches panel 'Create palette from image' incorrectly needing document
  • Fixed having a .(dot) before the file extension not populating the Save As dialog
  • Fixed Dust and Scratches and Halftone live filters missing entry on Layer panel
  • Fixed equations not flagged red if they are not complete and correct
  • Fixed Export allows decimal point pixel sizes
  • Fixed manually editing guides on second artboard give incorrect value
  • Fixed starting or opening a document with no visible window area causes it to be inverted

Known Issues (that did not affect earlier betas)

• Brush Editor dialog sliders are laggy (fixed in next beta)

Thanks Mark. Will report any problems I may find.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Did not know where to write, I'll write here.
1. In Windows Progress bar is almost invisible.
"He's very thin."
- The color is very faded. Merge, can not see how much passed and how much is left. it is necessary to peer.
2. If several tabs are open, it is difficult to see the active tab (especially in the light interface.). The colors are very similar in tone.
Even for a person with 100% eyesight, this makes work difficult.
There are also inaccuracies in the translation into Russian, but I will write about them later, as the time will appear.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Max N said:

Did not know where to write, I'll write here.
1. In Windows Progress bar is almost invisible.
"He's very thin."
- The color is very faded. Merge, can not see how much passed and how much is left. it is necessary to peer.
2. If several tabs are open, it is difficult to see the active tab (especially in the light interface.). The colors are very similar in tone.
Even for a person with 100% eyesight, this makes work difficult.
There are also inaccuracies in the translation into Russian, but I will write about them later, as the time will appear.

1. Are you using Windows 7?

2. This has been improved in this beta cycle. Previously there was no border around the Panels, however now we have added a border to help differentiate them.

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

1. Are you using Windows 7?

2. This has been improved in this beta cycle. Previously there was no border around the Panels, however now we have added a border to help differentiate them.

Yes.
To clarify what I'm talking about, I added screenshots. I tried to show places for those who see bad people are invisible. And for those who see well, too, are poorly visible.

9898.png

123444.png

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff
11 hours ago, Max N said:

Yes.
To clarify what I'm talking about, I added screenshots. I tried to show places for those who see bad people are invisible. And for those who see well, too, are poorly visible.

The progress bar is a known issue using Windows 7. I'll get it bumped with development. Regarding the tabs I initially thought you meant the Panels. The panels were improved but the document tabs haven't changed. I'll get this passed on!

This beta is quicker than previous, controls and buttons, etc very responsive. RAW is also opening quicker for me than 82.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

11 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

When opening dng file, I have assistant set to "Lens Corrections:  take no action" yet Lens Correction is on. The same does not happen with Noise Correction.

Hi TEcHNOpls

Are you referring to the Lens correction in the Lens panel in Develop? This is not the same as the auto lens correction and is always enabled for manual adjustment but sits at 0 by default so it does not change anything unless you change it

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• Staff
14 hours ago, mia Taugts said:

Copy/Cut

It is a pity that the problem with cut/paste and the positioning in the upper left-hand side and not in cutted position has still not been included in new beta.
That would be a knock out criterion for a paid update for me

I posted this Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.76

Also look Thread Copy/Cut

This is a known issue that is with development to be fixed!

Looks like this beta is working more stable now. Great :-)
I did not work too long with it to say if it is also faster than the previous versions, but on some parts it looks as if there is performance increase noticable.

However, I noticed some non-reproducible issues using the gradient tool.
1) 2x application crash

2) 1x Jumps to "mother" layer above during working on the mask

3) Really slows down the machine, sometimes waiting for 30 sec or more before it comes back, No clue what it is doing in the background, all processors are doing nothing and no services are active in the background. (This I also notices many time during high pass filters)

General remarks:

1)
Why takes saving to a affinity file so long? Compared to export to a PSD, this one is twice to 3 times faster...?! (Yes I know I loose detailed info about filter adjustment settings when saving to PSD, but I guess this mus be converted which also should take time. For Affinity you could direct save it w/o conversion time)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 25/09/2017 at 8:50 PM, Max N said:

Yes.

We believe this is fixed in build #85

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon