You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open .dng files from a Leica Monochrome

Hi Folks, Hope I do not repeat an already existing question, but opening a .dng file from my Leica Monochrome (with AP 1.5.2 and Beta 1.6.5) results in a strange behaviour. PS, COne, Graphic Converter etc. open the file flawlessly, AP unfortunately not. In the upper part of the picture are two streched partions of the photo and the lower part remains black (see attached picture. Am I the idiot and did something wrong? Or is it a problem with AP? Kind regards, Rolf Eichenberger

dng.jpg

• Staff

Hey Rolf, welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Any chance you could provide me with the image you are working with? I've got a few Leica M MOnochrom (Typ 246) samples but they seem to be working fine. Please use our private Dropbox link to send it to me. 

• Staff

Hey Rolf,

Thanks for the image! I reproduced this using the Serif Labs RAW Engine however, if you go into Develop Assistant (the icon looks like a small tuxedo) and change the RAW Engine to Apple (Core Image RAW), your DNG looks absolutely fine. 

If you want to know more about Serif Labs and Apple (Core Image RAW) I would recommend reading what James has put in this thread - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/37072-difference-between-ap-raw-conversion-and-mac-os-system-raw-conversion/