You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on beta 1.6.5.60

Hello Affinity community, 

I'm having a problem with this beta as it crashes as I'm trying to export file, share to, and save image on the iPad.  I can repeat this over and over again.  I'm on 10.5" iPad pro 2nd iOS 11.  

Thank you!

• Staff

h46it, 

As the build 1.6.5.60 is not the release build 1.6.5.61 that is available on the App store, I would ask first that you can confirm that this problem still happens for you, as we do not support superceded beta builds, sorry. Also, once you have the release build, what is your recipe for the crash? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I understand that will be no support for the beta. Now I’m on the latest release 1.6.5.61. Still the same problem.  Save to iPad crashes the app.

Update 

I have a feeling that this is a bug (or what I think it's a bug)in iOS 11. Others have reported that they cannot save files locally as well.

Hello,

I cannot confirm this issue.

running iPad pro 10.5 on latest iOS and AP version 1.6.5.60 (Beta)

I tried different filetypes as export option (PNG, JPG, PSD, GIF) and then "Share" => "save to camera roll"

it will be saved and no crash here.

I don't have access to release build so I cannot confirm on this build to, but the beta seems to run pretty fine for me.

How many layers did your object had? maybe there is an issue with combining the layers and then save to Cameraroll!?

16 hours ago, i8_david said:

Hello,

I cannot confirm this issue.

running iPad pro 10.5 on latest iOS and AP version 1.6.5.60 (Beta)

I tried different filetypes as export option (PNG, JPG, PSD, GIF) and then "Share" => "save to camera roll"

it will be saved and no crash here.

I don't have access to release build so I cannot confirm on this build to, but the beta seems to run pretty fine for me.

How many layers did your object had? maybe there is an issue with combining the layers and then save to Cameraroll!?

When you are saying "save to cameraroll" are you export ---> share ---> save image? I don't have an option to camera roll. You also are on iOS 11?

No layers as the image is flattened 8 bit TIFF file to Jpeg at 95% sRGB colour space.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.