You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flipped tool in the Liquify Persona?

Hello Everyone,

could it be, that I changed the settings on the Liquify Persona on my Mac? And if yes- where can I change it back?

I just tried the tools. On the App on the iPad it works on the right direction, even on my Macbook. But on the iMac it goes straight in the opposite direction.

I think at the beginning it worked pretty well, so I think  I just changed accidentally the settings.

Would be awesome if somebody could help me, maybe with a screenshot or something. I am not a native speaker, so if you explain it in englisch I will maybe never find it xD

Have a nice day

-Julian

2 hours ago, Julian Hartinger said:

I just tried the tools. On the App on the iPad it works on the right direction, even on my Macbook. But on the iMac it goes straight in the opposite direction.

Can you explain a bit more ?  What tools ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Are you using the exact same photo on both your Macbook and iMac?  If not, the liquify tool can work in reverse depending on which way up the device was held when taking the photo.  See my reply at the bottom of the following link:

Opposite effects in Persona Liquify?!

If it's the same photo, have you flipped the image at all, because that can also cause it to work in reverse.

Ok I tried it a second time, because their was nothing wrong on the other devices even with the same image/images

I tried it again on the iMac - opened the file- everything works pretty well - then I tried to flip the canvas- tools go in the wrong direction. :(

So @Sima you were right, its just because of the flipping! ;) 

I am unhappy with this, because  I often flip the canvas to get a "fresh eye" on the image and then I make adjustments with the Liquify Persona or the Liquifier in PS

So i am stuck in PS.....

But its nice to know where the problems comes from.

Can I change this in the Settings? Or do I have to mirror my brain, if I am working on a flipped canvas? xD

Have a nice day everyone, and thanks to Sima.

-Julian

6 minutes ago, Julian Hartinger said:

So @Sima you were right, its just because of the flipping! ;) 

I am unhappy with this, because  I often flip the canvas to get a "fresh eye" on the image and then I make adjustments with the Liquify Persona or the Liquifier in PS

I was thinking it could be the scanner software rotating the scanned image too.

The last I read from Serif on this issue was "...this is a known issue so hopefully the team can look into sorting this sometime in the future soon ", so it sounds like it will be fixed, but I don't have any inside info when this will be.