You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

JPGs and TIFFs created with Affinity don't play well with Nikon Capture NX-D

So, JPGs and TIFFs created with Affinity don't play well with Nikon Capture NX-D. Capture NX-D doesn't recognize any files saved or changed by Affinity. The file name will show up but the image can't be opened. But C. NX-D does recognize jpgs and Tiffs from other programs.

Why is this and how can I bypass it/work around it? I'm guessing Affinity adds proprietary files- I don't want them in there... I use NX-D as an image viewer and it seriously stalls my work flow. I'm ending up having to use Topaz Studio instead of Affinity, which is not what I'd like.

Thanks

19 hours ago, stokerg said:

Thank you Stokerg. Do you know if they have plans to work on this soon?

Hi Lynn123 and Welcome to the Forums,This is a known issue and had already been logged with the Dev team.  I shall update the log with a link to this thread.

• 3 months later...

Has this issue been fixed?  I just purchased a Nikon D500 and shoot in RAW...processed the photo in Affinity Photo for windows and then exported it as a jpg....Nikon Viewer does not see the photo.  If I save it as a psd file, then open in Adobe Photoshop and save as a jpg, have no issue opening it in Nikon Viewer....so again this has something to do with exporting it as a jpg from Affinity Photo.  Help as I am trying to get out of Adobe!!

So I did some more research and found out that if the ICC Profile is checked then the Nikon Viewer will not show the photo.  If you uncheck that box and leave the metadata box checked the photo shows up in Nikon Viewer.  If you would like to see the metadata information between all the different versions Affinity, just e-mail or contact me.  I have print out files of each to show what may be causing the problem.  Thanks.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:27 AM, Ruffian said:

So I did some more research and found out that if the ICC Profile is checked then the Nikon Viewer will not show the photo.  If you uncheck that box and leave the metadata box checked the photo shows up in Nikon Viewer.  If you would like to see the metadata information between all the different versions Affinity, just e-mail or contact me.  I have print out files of each to show what may be causing the problem.  Thanks.

Thanks Ruffian, much appreciated.