You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

stopping a batch job

Hello,

I recently created a batch job using a macro. Unfortunately I forgot to uncheck the .afphoto file option after checking the .png file option. When I found out I wanted to stop the job but I did not find any way to do so. Since the job was to alter 34 images it took unnecessarily long to export to two file types.  It would be very useful to be able to abort/stop a job. Please add that function.

Greetings

Matthias

Win7 Pro 64 Bit, Intel Core i5-3550 (4x 3,3 GHz), 32GB Ram

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi Affinity Team, 

I was hoping this would be addressed in the V2 suite upgrade, but there's still no way of cancelling a batch job, which, if mistakes are made, can be very inconvenient. (Sometimes when exporting raw scans of large format negatives, I would need to wait half an hour or more only to restart with the right settings.)

Could you, please, give us an update on this? Has this issue been acknowledged? Is there a proposed solution?

Thanks a lot in advance!

17 minutes ago, horanyia said:

Could you, please, give us an update on this?

Serif generally does not comment on future plans, and generally does not respond to topics in the Feedback part of the forums as there's little they could say without potentially revealing future plans. They read these topics, and use them for planning. But generally, until we see the feature appear in a beta, there's no clue whether it is coming or not.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1