You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer .82 has a problem with opening multiple images

Hello Affinity,

i found an issue. When i try to open multiple images in same time (f.e. 6 images), the designer .82 freeze and there is info about "opening 6 files", but nothing happens. CPU load is above 90%. I tried to let it work for about 1 minute, but designer opened nothing. Those files are .jpg (saved from Ps for web), about 2Mpx resolution, hundreds Kb each, so relatively small images (newsletter designs in my case). I attached screenshot captured in progress of opening.

open-images-issue.jpg

• Staff

Tomasnosek, thanks for your report, I understand that we have this logged already and it relates to the number of cores in your processor VS threads that are used at the same time. Open more files than cores and it can freeze up in our tests. I expect this will be addressed in a beta build as soon as the cause is found. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.