You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Magic Mouse Sensitivity (Possible Fix)

I don't know if anyone has already come across this, so apologies if this has already been posted...

I know there has been a lot of talk, not only on the Affinity Forum but also in general online about the over sensitivity of Apple's Magic Mouse. Using it with AP and AD can be a royal pain in the butt (not Affinity's issue but Apple's), but the mouse is so good apart from this issue that I don't want to swap it for anything else. As several people have pointed out this oversensitivity makes it difficult to position things without inadvertently scrolling the canvas at the same time usually resulting in having to reposition the object a second time. I personally find this behaviour exhibited across pretty much all applications on OSX, in particular, web browsing and even Apple's own apps and I have to say this has been driving me nuts for ages. Apple don't seem interested in providing a fix, based on the fact that the comments online go back several years, since the introduction of the magic mouse, despite this clearly being a widespread issue for a lot of people...

However, I've just installed MagicPrefs http://magicprefs.com/ a free utility/preference and it has (touch wood, hope I've not spoken too soon) transformed the magic mouse experience simply by installing it, without any adjustment to its own preferences and without impacting 'any' of the magic mouse functionality... the oversensitivity simply vanishes completely (for me at least). The utility is also programmable for anyone who wants added functionality, as in you can program taps, swipes and gestures to activate a whole range of functions over and above those provided by the standard magic mouse prefs, which could come in handy...

Anyway, just thought anyone having sensitivity issues with their Magic Mouse/Magic Mouse 2 when using AP and AD may be interested in giving this a go to see if it helps them...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Thx for the mention. I'll have to give that a try. I switched from magic mouse to a logitech just because of the over reaction in AD. The logitech has worked well, quite reliable, but I sometimes miss the magic mouse.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Just downloaded this utility... Thanks for sharing @Hangman  Very impressed with what extended functionality this utility adds.  And, as you mentioned, I've noticed a much more responsive Magic Mouse experience just from having installed it and I haven't modified anything yet.  I was also experiencing the oversensitivity and this utility seems to have helped with that tremendously.  Thank you!