You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inky iMessage Stickers

Jethro

Using Affinity Photo for the iPad helped me to create this set of over 50 stickers for iMessage!

They were created from a high-resolution scan of watercolour splotches. From affinity photo on the iPad I used a variety of techniques to mask out the background and separate the splotches from the paper. I also used it to remove dust from the scan (my scanner is far from perfect). 

(If masking techniques for removing colour from a textured background is something anyone would be interested in learning, let me know - I’d be happy to put a demo together!)

The black ink lines of the charactres were drawn in Procreate 3, and then the file was re-imported so the characters could be grouped and organised, as well as the outerglow tested to give the ‘sticker’ effect. 

A tiny bit bit of photoshop was used at the end but that was only because I could use it to make an action which would auto export all 50+ stickers - I know the ability to record macros is coming soon to the iPad version of Affinity, and when they do I’ll use that in the future instead! 

It it was fantastic having the wide colour support as it meant I could really show off the popping reds in my Characters! (I love the one representing Fury, he’s so mad!)

Not only was was this a pleasure to do from the iPad, it was my preferred method! Affinity gave me a much better workflow for creating these characters. 

You can view the set on my website: http://www.jethrowilson.com/illustration/ink.php

Or download it from the App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/inky-stickers/id1187198333

Bring real colour to your conversations. Want to hang out over a coffee? There's a sticker for that. Do you feel... happy? How about elated! Send a cheeky wink or tell someone you adore them.

Or maybe you yearn to re-create Jurassic Park in its full Inky Sticker glory!

And of course you can say OH YES, or NOPE NUH UH, in absolute animated style!

EB6A344E-B3C7-4C55-A52C-03DE7565E1C8.thumb.png.1bf832f85d599bb1ea98a231ecc0966d.png

2CF0CF9E-5219-4AE0-8919-1C5532D46859.png

7806C2BD-CCC7-409F-948B-64496955B9AD.png

• 2 weeks later...

Those are freaking adorable.

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video