Definitely … no access from iTunes is a huge show-stopper. I know, I know. The future is wireless. But honestly, “wireless” shouldn’t mean that I have to upload my files on a server somewhere, probably have them analyzed by the cloud provider (in the best case, only by the cloud provider), and re-download them on my device just to make some edits. Take a minute to think about it. Isn’t that downright crazy? O.o

Simply add this file sharing option, and everything will be fine …

Alex

IF you use Documents app, you actually dont have to use the cloud - because it has a "wireless FTP" option, that you can get in to through "connect to server" in the Finder.  Then its just like you are attached to another computer.  :-)  (meaning you can keep all your files "local")

Thank you! :)

I installed the documents app quite a while ago, and as you said, it works perfectly. Nonetheless, I would love to see the addition of a direct way to exchange files with Photo. This is actually the one thing that stops me from using it more frequently. :(

i would venture to say that this is actually more IOS's fault, than a design fault by the affinity guys.  Apple seems dead set on a very strange & hard way to deal with the file system.  Feels like the guy that designed the itunes interface to the ios device was involved.... very convoluted....

I think the problem is that affix does not create a local folder like Pages or Pixelmator. Or at least I’m not able to discover a “local/cloud storage option”. This will be great specially when new iPad Pro come with up to 512 Gb storage. 

I think the problem is that Affinity does not create a local folder like Pages or Pixelmator.

Welcome, Antonio! :)

Indeed, that’s what I am thinking. But it would also be convenient to have an Affinity “location” in the sidebar, as MBd mentioned in his first post. That would be a perfect companion to a digital assets manager on the Mac. At least, the first option should be added soon … :)

Cheers, Alex

I use AP differently, and having AP available as a location in Files app wouldn’t help me. 

Once I’ve edited a photo and exported it, I don’t usually come back and make changes. So I usually don’t care where AP's .aphoto files are stored. If I do, I’ll use 'save a copy' to put it in PDF expert, so I can get it back later and so it gets backed up.

Stan

Both Mylio for iPad and Lightroom Mobile allow you to browse the iPad Photos library, recognize (and indicate) RAW or RAW+JPEG files and import the RAW or RAW+JPEG files into their own proprietary libraries on the iPad.  In the case of Mylio, it will also allow you to move the original RAW files wirelessly via local Wifi into their iMac/Windows app OR by Airdrop into your downloads folder on a Mac.  In the case of Lightroom, it will similarly allow you to browse, identify and import RAW or RAW+JPEG files into the Lightroom Mobile library on your iPad, but then it needs to sync through the Adobe cloud to get into your desktop Lightroom library.  However, at least as far as I can tell from a LOT of digging around both online and on my iPad Pro, THERE IS NO WAY to export a RAW or RAW+JPEG file back out of Mylio, Lightroom Mobile, Snapseed, Pixelmator or any other mobile app other than through the processes described above.  

What I'm hoping Affinty can figure out is how to have an "Affinity Library" on the iPad pro that will enable cloud AND local WiFi syncing so you only have to remove your SD card one time from your camera, and from there can backup or duplicate RAW files on your iPad (and then onto your desktop) without being forced into a JPEG format as is the case now when you export from any of the apps (including Apple Photos on iPad), AND that will enable the export of RAW files back out of the mobile Affinity DAM app into Dropbox, iPad Files, Apple Photos, etc. on the same iPad.  

Does anyone either know a current way to solve this, is it simply a limitation of iOS 11, or is it something that the brilliant developers at Serif/Affinity can engineer into their upcoming DAM?  

FYI, I shoot Fujifilm and love the JPEGs that come out the camera, so I often use them for editing, sharing and printing, but I also often like to go back to the adjoined RAW file if I need to do better highlight or shadow recovery, so I'm hoping to maintain the ability to do both while only on my iPad.  

Thanks!!!

Hello Vike. 

Really Affinity has its own library but it is not accesible. The main thing is that I miss the ability to import photos from camera, if possible without using Photos native app.

Imagine this scenario: you can import raw or JPEG, using drag and drop in Files to Affinity folder. It allows keeping them in Affinity until you finish editing. Then simply export to Photos. Even you can copy to the folder from any other app that supports drag and drop. 

One additional advantage is to add iOS tags to the Files in Affinity folder. 

This app is really a breakthrough step in photo editing on iPad, and we all want more and more to convert it in the center of our processing environment. 

I hope there can be some improvements to file management.  I would like more flexibility with creating folders (top level included) or working with my synology as a more integrated solution.