Tschens

Transfer *.afphoto files to desktop

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

back from holiday where I developed a lot of pictures on my iPad, I would like to transfer the *.afphoto files to my desktop computer. Is there a quick and easy way? So far, I only found the solution using the "save a copy" function which is very cumbersome, especially since all files are named "Unbenannt.afphoto" (unnamed.afphoto in English, I guess). If there is no easier way, this should be among the upcoming ToDos of the dev team.

Thx for any help.

Jens

in the process i've come up with, i use another app called "Documents" which allows wi-fi ftp.  I enabled Wi-fi ftp in that app, then "save a copy" to a folder i have made in "Documents (the app), and then on the desktop go to the 192.168.1.x network address of the ipad and then drag the file to the desktop.  This seems to work well, (although the desktop can only "see" it when Documents is active on the ipad)

i have just now discovered that the afphoto file made on a ipad is too "new" to open in the appstore's present version of affinity photo.    The "beta" version does open them.

it isnt once you make a shortcut on your mac to that address.  I made a "Ipadpro" folder in Documents, and can save files straight to it from ipad-photo and then retrieve it to the desktop through the shortcut.

5 hours ago, safoster71 said:

it isnt once you make a shortcut on your mac to that address.  I made a "Ipadpro" folder in Documents, and can save files straight to it from ipad-photo and then retrieve it to the desktop through the shortcut.

Very good worround ;)

But there is acutally a proper way to do it, or several ways (handoff/ iTunes/ better local file management)