IR69

iOS 11 Internal Error Importing From Cloud

With Photo 1.6.4, and now 1.6.5, I regularly get an error when trying to add a file from iCloud. 

From the main screen I click + followed by Import From Cloud and this error often occurs. “Unable to initialise remote proxy for extension. The connection was interrupted.”

Clicking Cancel results in another error “Couldn’t communicate with helper application.”

Finally clicking Cancel again returns to the import options where clicking Import From Cloud a second time then works as expected.

I was hoping 1.6.5 would fix it but unfortunately not.

Hi IR69

This is not something I have ever encountered or have seen reported by others. I shall take it that you are able to access iCloud on you iPad generally and through other apps? Is there anything on your device that could be restricting Affinity Photo's access?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris_K,

Files and iCloud connectivity work fine and I'm able to create, open, save and delete files from iCloud using Files, Numbers, Pages, Pixelmator, etc.
For info it's a new iPad Pro 10.5, had it about 2 weeks, installed from scratch without restoring old iPad backup.

To me it seems as if the error occurs after I have left the device for a little while, as if Files/iCloud has gone to sleep. Also It happens almost every time I switch to another app and straight back to Photo and click Import From Cloud.

Hope this helps,
Ivan.

Hi Chris_K,

I have just Reset and Restored my iPad and all seems to be working so far. No more errors trying to Import From Cloud so I assume it was an iOS glitch.
Should the error come back I will let you know.

Thanks,
Ivan.

Hello,

I updated my iPad Pro 10.5 to iOS 11. And then updated the Affinity Photo 1.6.5.  

I tried to import a photo from Dropbox through ‘Import from Cloud’ and the photo downloaded but the photo didn’t opened, it just went back to Affinity Photo main screen. Nothing stored in there at all.  I restarted my iPad Pro 10.5 and still same issue. Is this a bug?

Update: I added a video here - 

Kind Regards

Stuart

I have a similar problem but in iOS 10, after I installed the most recent Affinity Photo update. When I'm working in an image and I want to import other image for put it above, if I do that through import from cloud, I use iOS 10 so from Documents5 instead Files, when I select the file to import nothing happen.