You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing a screenshot inside a monitor

Hi,

I am having trouble placing a screenshot of my latest website design work into the screen area of a monitor. As you can see from the attachments I have an image showing a laptop screen, which currently has a text editor and code on its screen. I'd like to replace this with the other image, which is some of my web design work. However I can't find any way of doing this without the image looking terrible.

Does anyone know how to place that "Screen Shot ..." image inside of the laptop? Please help :(

christopher-gower-291246 2.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 14.57.03.png

Tips:

When using the Place command approximate the size of the area where you are to place the image

When using the Perspective Tool, reducing the Opacity of the placed image to zero can allow you to better align the grid to where you want it

Once you are happy with that increase Opacity back to 100% and you can then fine tune the position if needed (hitting the space bar will temporarily hide the perspective grid for a better view)

Once you are totally happy hit the Apply button for the Perspective Tool to commit the changes

grid.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

Tips:

When using the Place command approximate the size of the area where you are to place the image

When using the Perspective Tool, reducing the Opacity of the placed image to zero can allow you to better align the grid to where you want it

Once you are happy with that increase Opacity back to 100% and you can then fine tune the position if needed (hitting the space bar will temporarily hide the perspective grid for a better view)

Once you are totally happy hit the Apply button for the Perspective Tool to commit the changes

grid.jpg

5 hours ago, DWright said:

use the place tool to add the website screen shot into the picture and then use the perspective tool to align with the laptop screen

laptop screen replaced.jpg

Thank you both for your answers, however where in Affinity Designer is the Perspective Tool? I've tried searching for it under Help, but nothing appears.

1 hour ago, wunderful said:

Thank you both for your answers, however where in Affinity Designer is the Perspective Tool? I've tried searching for it under Help, but nothing appears.

It doesn't have one yet! I think it was assumed that you were using Affinity Photo, since you were talking about working with an image to which you need to apply perspective.

tip.gif Always make sure to indicate which product you're using. I see that you did actually use the tag 'design' when creating this thread, but it would have been clearer if you had used 'designer' and/or included an explicit reference to Affinity Designer (or 'AD') in your topic title or your OP.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

11 hours ago, wunderful said:

If you don't have AP it can sort of be done in AD by using the rotation and shear controls in the Transform panel and then converting to curves and adjusting the nodes to fit the laptop's screen.

Not as good or as easy as using AP but could be passable if you spend some time on it.

laptop4.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.