You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

dpReview of Affinity Photo

Thanks for the link, Mike. A generally very positive review, although the reviewer seemed to be under the impression that the History panel only retains edits during the current session: he apparently failed to discover the option to save the history with the file.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity Photo deserves a very positive review as it has turned out to be much, much better than I expected when I first started using the Beta. The only negative things I can say about the editor are that it still is unable to properly call Photoshop plugins and there is no way to call an external application.

Other than that the editor is simply wonderful and I have had no regrets abandoning Photoshop.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, MBd said:

I am a bit astonished that the reviewer had no better "cons" than "no non destructive auto layers" (+psd+auto dev persona)

really makes me wonder how much effort the author put into that review although there are definitely worse reviews out there

In fairness, they haven't been as immersed or invested in the software as many here would be. 

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, MBd said:

I am a bit astonished that the reviewer had no better "cons" than "no non destructive auto layers" (+psd+auto dev persona)

really makes me wonder how much effort the author put into that review although there are definitely worse reviews out there

Also... How may professional photographers or even advanced enthusiast use Auto Adjustments?

Honest review but too "quick"...

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.