You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective projection: annoying problem

I've gone through a fiddly process involving four perspective planes to produce this image: TEMP.PNG.3e1803803a09e5d42c96cf157a96a910.PNG

and I've had to start again a couple of times. I set up the planes on a new layer so that the superimposed image would be separate from the underlying one, so I could try out different blend modes and so on. I copied the four top images one at a time and merged their layer down to the planes layer. I found if I inadvertently clicked on the background layer, the planes disappeared and when I went through the Layer > Live Projection > Perspective Projection menu it had reset, so I had to create all the planes all over again. I've being attempting to make a second version of this image: I should be able to make a better job of it now I have some experience of the process. After losing my planes a couple more times, I was beginning to get rather frustrated, as you can imagine!
Am I doing something wrong, or am I just too careless?

Supplementary Question:

I've done it without mishap now, but the images on the different planes don't align properly. The corner nodes of the four planes are definitely aligned, and I've reconstituted the four "flat" slices back into one image, and there's no discrepancy there. I conclude that AF doesn't deform the images evenly when the plane reverts to its original trapezoidal shape.  In other words, it's not me, it's you!

x000.PNG.54f7e9d208377424221e425d3e6afa28.PNG

• Staff

Hi Kasper-V,

Sorry it took a while for you to get a response sometimes posts slip through the net!

Would it be possible for you to provide the project file for this so I can look into this further for you?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...

I've finally found time to look at this again, this time with AP 1.6. I created a pattern of black & white squares, then copied them, as above, onto another image with a random concertina pattern. (Ignore any pink bits; that's just evidence that I wasn't taking enough trouble aligning my planes!) You can see straight away that the rows don't line up. Somehow, the transform isn't applied evenly.

squares.jpg.3fc84c7e8985905e949c0b253d7fb92f.jpg

planes.jpg.9011a66796c352ae7a14b71f2b3ac1c9.jpg