You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange selection behaviour

The area in which an element gets selected is bigger than the layer itself. Perhaps because of the FX-styles? I attached the file so you can try it out yourself. If you watch the attached video, the item gets selected way before hovering and clicking the item. If approaching the Item from bottom - this COULD make sense because of the drop-shadow of the item. BUT: Same behaviour when approaching from above. Strange thing: Not that great gap when approaching from left/right.

Expected behaviour: Click to select an item that is clearly visible and should be clickable even if it's underneath another item in the layer-panel.

Actual Behaviour: Selected the item above instead.

2017-09-19_19-15-48.mp4

bug-selection.afdesign

Edited by JohaWeber
Specify expected behaviour

• Staff

Hi JohaWeber,

Thanks for the file. It looks like it is being caused by the rotation. I was able to create a new file in 1.5.3.69 with rotated text that didn't have the problem, but as soon as I loaded that in 1.6.0.82 it was reproducible. I believe it is using the box that will appear if you hit 'Reset Selection Box' for the hit detection.

I'll get it passed onto development - thanks for letting us know.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.