You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"File not found" - direct ZIP/RAR import

Example: Import AI or EPS file directly from ZIP/RAR via Drag'n'Drop

Expected Behaviour: Corresponding file opens up as new file inside the active window of affinity designer.

Actual Behaviour: Error message occurs "File not found" with path "C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Temp/SomeSortOfHash/FileFromTheZip.ai" - file is not imported.

bug-screencap-file-not-found.PNG

Edited by JohaWeber
add "solved" tag

• Staff

Hi JohaWeber,

Just quickly tried this myself using both Windows Extraction Utilities and 7-Zip but couldn't reproduce the issue. Windows Tools just failed to display anything, and 7-Zip just gives me a 'No' cursor when trying to do the same. 

What extraction utility are you using?

Using 7-zip (x64) - full install, not portable. I also get the "No" cursor when trying to drag'n'drop it to an opened file - BUT: It show me this "insert" cursor when trying to drag'n'drop it to the upper bar of the affinity-HUD - as if I would want to open the dragged file as a new file inside affinity and not insert it to an existing/opened one. When going this way (drag'n'drop to open as new file) I get the error message.

Same with WinRAR - latest version, full install/not portable, x64

• Staff
16 hours ago, JohaWeber said:

Using 7-zip (x64) - full install, not portable. I also get the "No" cursor when trying to drag'n'drop it to an opened file - BUT: It show me this "insert" cursor when not trying to drag'n'drop it to the upper bar of the affinity-HUD - as if I would want to open the dragged file as a new file inside affinity and not insert it to an existing/opened one. When going this way (drag'n'drop to open as new file) I get the error message.

Same with WinRAR - latest version, full install/not portable, x64

Ahh reproduced it now - turns out the behaviour I get is only when you have no document open. With a document open you get the behaviour you are seeing.

I'll get it passed on - thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

This was fixed in a recent beta release (#84)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.