You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Win Multiply Blend Mode with Many Layers

How can I make a bottom-ish layer be ignored by about 20+ layers above it, all set with Blend Mode Multiply? Is there a switch or a Blend Mode I can set on the one layer so that all those "Multiply" layers above it are not affected by the one? I am unable to move the one layer above the "Multiply" layers as it is sort of a background vector. Maybe there is a way to insert a "blocking" layer under the Multiply layers (just above my bottom-ish layer) that stops the Multiplying effect? But doesn't block my drawing? (Well, AD does have a lot of magic features, right?)

Anyone know how to do this?

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

• Staff

Hi jer,

If you untick the box at the end of the layer to make it no visible it will remove this from the rest of the layers using multiply, you can also make the layer above the one you do not want to use use normal blend instead of multiply 

4 hours ago, DWright said:

Hi jer,

If you untick the box at the end of the layer to make it no visible it will remove this from the rest of the layers using multiply, you can also make the layer above the one you do not want to use use normal blend instead of multiply 

Unfortunately, making my lower Normal layer not visible solves the problem but prevents the vector on that layer from displaying or printing.

Adding a Normal layer above my Normal layer limits the Multiplying layers above only if the new layer is completely filled with content. But it blocks the lower Normal layer from displaying or printing. Yes, it does stop all the Multiply layers above from further Multiplying.

I'm probably missing something from your suggestions and would appreciate a clarification. What I really need is a switch on my bottom-most Multiply layer that says, okay, all you Multiply guys above need to stop your Multiplying at this point. None of my layers are completely filled with content, except the lower Normal layer acting as a background kind of vector.

1 hour ago, JimmyJack said:

jer, if I understand....

Try grouping all of the above/multiply layers.

Give the Group a blending mode of Normal (instead of Passthrough).

Oooh, great idea - can't wait to try this! Sounds like it might work!

@JimmyJack    It did work! For some of the pixel layers I had to Edit in Photo and use the Flood Select Tool (W) to delete some white that began to show up after implementing your suggestion. I don't know why it showed through after Grouping and changing PassThrough to Normal as the Multiply had previously ignored it. Anyway, that done, your suggestion saved me much time and effort.

Thank you!