You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi MEB,

Thanks for that, I'm seriously considering a switch from Adobe to Affinity, but really need to get the low down on the price structure moving forward. As it stands at the moment, I'd end up having to pay for one off versions of your app, but still have to pay for the other programs that I use from Adobe, so I'm not sure it's going to be financially viable for me. I use Adobe Muse to create websites and really don't want to lose that. Big decisions ahead I think. Appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks! 

Cathie

51 minutes ago, CathieLive said:

I'm seriously considering a switch from Adobe to Affinity, but really need to get the low down on the price structure moving forward. As it stands at the moment, I'd end up having to pay for one off versions of your app, but still have to pay for the other programs that I use from Adobe, so I'm not sure it's going to be financially viable for me.

The one-off price is exactly what it says: it buys you a perpetual licence. The current versions won't stop working when a new major version is released, so if you're happy with what you can do in version 1.x you're free to choose not to purchase 2.x or 3.x. Version 1.6 is due for release quite soon, but given the amount of time that has elapsed since the 1.5 versions were released I don't think we need to be too concerned about the possibility of having to make an immediate purchase decision in relation to version 2.0!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, Cathie,

Don't know what your term of subscription is, and if you can't just go to the monthly for Muse just now.

D-load the Affinity trials. At present, they do lots of things very well, tho' sometimes in a different manner than what is already out there.  And they are "young" programs. You will need to see if the features you must have are already available. Perhaps you will find Affinity will let you subscribe only to the apps that you need for web-site development.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet