You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cropping and Document Size

Hi, and congrats on such an amazing first beta...

I have a Cropping Tool Suggestion. When the crop window is active can the the new document size be shown on the screen and have it change as you adjust the cropping area? Also having the ability to input a user defined cropping size (such as 960 x 300 Pixels) would be great. Double clicking in the new cropped area should also commit it to crop as well.

Having the current document size always showing and not just when the pan tool is selected would be great too.

Thanks again for the amazing new beta. I am ready to switch today. When do you expect it to be available in the Mac App Store.

+1, yes please. Must have. I'm sure you'll put it in soon, and thank you in advance for that, but for now, I'm going to sound a bit shirty, for which I apologise, also in advance!... But, think of it like this - who are 'you' to tell 'us' what aspect ratio we need our images at???!

Looking awesome though - you're true trailblazers!!

oh, and PS. I was looking forward to giving the beta a good look tonight, whilst editing some stuff, but am now going to have to go back to Pixelmator because I need to do a load of cropping and, guess what?... the size I need to crop to isn't on the list!

At present if you are zoomed into a photo and select the crop tool, I cannot find a way to move the crop area without zooming out again, as the default crop area is the whole image size. 

Needs to be a way to crop when zoomed in to a photo.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 definitely need a custom constrain setting

Also I think one preset constrain is missing, the 3:2 ! (as far i know the most common in photography after the 4:3). 

I also notice a mistake in the "original" constrain: when I select it give me a higher area (basically a 4:3). I'm working on a RAW file in Photo Persona. 

• 5 months later...

What's wrong with Crop > Custom ratio > (set x and y axis) or Crop > Absolute Dimensions > (select pixels or units of length and enter x and y values)?

And double clicking in the new crop area does indeed commit it to crop.

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.