You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1965 Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale (AD)

VectorVonDoom

“This is my Eiffel Tower. This is my Rachmaninoff's Third. My Pietà. It's completely elegant, it's bafflingly beautiful…” I think the last one I’ll do and post but it’s a goodie (well the subject is).

The Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale prototype was unveiled at the Paris motor show in 1965.  In my opinion the side view is its best angle, I can’t say that I think the front is particularly pretty. It recently sold for a ridiculous amount of money, over £3.2m/$4m.

As I wanted it to be photorealistic what looks like a fairly simple drawing was plenty of work. There’s a lot of fine detail, like the vector textures I made up for the tyres and wheels, that isn’t necessarily obvious, especially at this reduced size, but if it wasn’t there then it loses some of its realism.  I'll probably go back to it in a week or two and see what bits I don't like.

It’s also quite a large drawing, the full size output’s 88.5MP (11520x7680).

1965 Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale Small.jpg

Close Up.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

Swweeeeeeeeeeeeet Livin' Lord that is simply eye poppingingly amazing. Stunning stuff and an exemparly example of the power of AD. Mind Blown

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

16 hours ago, VectorVonDoom said:

Not done many cars, only a few recently, but I'm slowly improving.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's much room for improvement! :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

15 hours ago, Alfred said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's much room for improvement! :o

There's always something you can improve and I might see things when I go back to it later but I'm happy with it at the moment. I'm thinking of starting on a much more fiddly one, never done an engine, but not decided yet.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

This is Jaw dropping awesome work! Ther not an emoticon made to express the feeling I getting from this piece!

One can easily see here the potential for technical illustration with AD, here..... :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 9:01 AM, AlunR said:

I think I found the reference image for this:

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1965_ferrari_dino_berlinetta_speciale/images/42621/

The original is by someone called  Alexis Boquet.

The accuracy to the original is incredible. The highlights and shading are super accurate. Beautifully rendered.

Thanks. I didn't know who had taken the original photo, I found it elsewhere. The floor and wall are a bit different on the one I used, someone might have masked the car and swapped it.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...