VectorVonDoom

1965 Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale (AD)

“This is my Eiffel Tower. This is my Rachmaninoff's Third. My Pietà. It's completely elegant, it's bafflingly beautiful…” I think the last one I’ll do and post but it’s a goodie (well the subject is).

The Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale prototype was unveiled at the Paris motor show in 1965.  In my opinion the side view is its best angle, I can’t say that I think the front is particularly pretty. It recently sold for a ridiculous amount of money, over £3.2m/$4m.

As I wanted it to be photorealistic what looks like a fairly simple drawing was plenty of work. There’s a lot of fine detail, like the vector textures I made up for the tyres and wheels, that isn’t necessarily obvious, especially at this reduced size, but if it wasn’t there then it loses some of its realism.  I'll probably go back to it in a week or two and see what bits I don't like.

It’s also quite a large drawing, the full size output’s 88.5MP (11520x7680).

1965 Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale Small.jpg

Close Up.jpg

Swweeeeeeeeeeeeet Livin' Lord that is simply eye poppingingly amazing. Stunning stuff and an exemparly example of the power of AD. Mind Blown

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at eejits.etsy.com

16 hours ago, VectorVonDoom said:

Not done many cars, only a few recently, but I'm slowly improving.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's much room for improvement! :o

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

15 hours ago, Alfred said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's much room for improvement! :o

There's always something you can improve and I might see things when I go back to it later but I'm happy with it at the moment. I'm thinking of starting on a much more fiddly one, never done an engine, but not decided yet.

This is Jaw dropping awesome work! Ther not an emoticon made to express the feeling I getting from this piece!

One can easily see here the potential for technical illustration with AD, here..... :)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:01 AM, AlunR said:

I think I found the reference image for this:

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1965_ferrari_dino_berlinetta_speciale/images/42621/

The original is by someone called  Alexis Boquet.

The accuracy to the original is incredible. The highlights and shading are super accurate. Beautifully rendered.

Thanks. I didn't know who had taken the original photo, I found it elsewhere. The floor and wall are a bit different on the one I used, someone might have masked the car and swapped it.

Beautiful

Using: Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6  on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. 

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg