You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Affinity Photo Annoying to Use Because of UI

I'm excited for the future, but the iPad version is really time consuming and annoying to use as an artist versus photoshop. Don't get me wrong, I was thankful to have it today flying for 32 hours, but it takes 3x as long to work versus the desktop version.

1) There in no keyboard shortcut for brush size. You have to use the slider, only the slider is not a slider but a weird circle that misbehaves. In addition to that there is currently a bug where if you change brushes it resets to the default size, forcing you to have to deal with the weird UI.

2) There is no keyboard shortcut for the color picker. You have to click around 3-4 times to get the color instead of just pressing alt and working from the painting so you never have to even go to a color wheel. This is a workflow killer, and makes you want to smash your iPad. The workaround for me was to just use less colors in the work today. It's definitely a creative bottleneck.

3) There's no easy way to cut to layer. This is also very time consuming to workaround. If you could just program shortcuts, then this would solve this issue. There doesn't need to be a specific UI element as long as you could do this.

4) No opacity shortcuts also waste a lot of time. Sigh.

I really hope these keyboard shortcuts are added as soon as possible. I hope with everyone else to have custom shortcuts someday to, but the brush size/opacity/color UI looks pretty, but isn't very functional when you are used to being fast.

• 2 weeks later...